Severe Torture Torn from the Jaws of Death

Edika

Reaction score
Hey all, as I was listening to the new Aborted album then the new JFAC album them the latest Alleageon album, I got a suggestion from the YouTube algorithm about the new Severe Torture album that came out on June 7th. I've never heard of the band before but the YouTube algorithm some times does give good suggestions so I decided to give it a listen.

Well I'm sure glad I did because I'm hooked! It is well executed Death Metal with really good songs. They're not reinventing the wheel and most seasoned Death Metal listeners will pickup influences here in there but the album is intense from start to finish. I'm sure some of you are aware of the band but I didn't see a new thread about the new album even though I did a search online for SSO and on the search function of the site.

I'll put the opening track of the album here for anyone that wants to have a taste of how they sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
I think Severe Torture is pretty OG Death Metal? The released records since early 2000.

New records slaps. My band just worked with the same mixing engineer - Mendel!

Edika

Reaction score
I think Severe Torture is pretty OG Death Metal? The released records since early 2000.

They might be lol, I was not aware of them until recently so I'll have to check their discography.

ccc444

Reaction score

Is that Mendel bij de Leij? I remember trying to learn his riffs from Retrogore and thinking "who writes this unplayable shit" :scream:

Cool that you got to work with him if so!

FearTheDeer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Longtime fan, love the new album. Like OP said, not the type to try reinventing the wheel, but they consistently put out fun, top-notch death metal records.