Share Your Buckeye Burl Tops

• Thread starter FourT6and2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Not mine, but one of my favourites..

2ca2912eb031ae05bf3ac805916fe55b.jpg

That's stunning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Cliffhanger of the week. You gonna tell us why haha?

myriad issues.
-finish issues galore
-electronics
-string/neck alignment
-saddles misplaced (might have been a CNC issue)
-fretting out upon bending (maybe a radiusing issue?)
-pinging in the nut when bending (not properly cut)
-worst of all, the neck cracked beneath the truss rod near the nut after simply tightening just enough to flatten the neck to a normal relief (I've been a tech for 15 years, know precisely how to do it and have never even once witnessed something like this. And I was not the only one this happened to. It is a design flaw which I hope he's worked out)

I sent it back twice. Second time for a refund. A year of my time and ideas wasted.

I will say that Chris did refund me (which took quite a bit longer than quoted) and didn't give much push back which was good customer service. He was a nice guy the entire time but there are some fundamental issues in his builds it seems. I only bring this up as I've had people contact me time and time again with literally the same issues I had so I cannot in good conscience keep my mouth shut about it anymore. Folks are giving him money. I want them to be better informed.

What made me come here today is I see my old guitar is back on the market. Be aware.

Zach Wink

Reaction score
Yeah the last two I've received have been pretty great, this one in particular arrived flawless and plays/sounds great, so I'm pretty darn happy with it! :D I thought the top was a one-piece when I first saw the pics since there wasn't symmetry but if you look up close you can in fact see a seam where the two pieces are joined. All I know is it looks killer so I lucked out that it was an in-stock build and not one I had to roll the dice on since Buckeye Burl tops can be all over the place, aesthetically-speaking. :lol:

What is the wood on this beautiful fingerboard?

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Yep, Omega :) Got my other one from them too. They've been great to deal with. I saw your thread a while back too, nice!

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
IMAG0441.jpg

Not the best picture, and its a satin body so the buckeye doesn't pop as much as gloss but here's mine!

sevenchaos

Reaction score
Im having sort of blackout and can't remember actually was it buckeye or poplar... Need to check out from the papers. Sorry for the post :idea: