Shattered shoulder blade

• Thread starter Dave
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
Well yesterday i managed to shatter my right shoulder blade, so no guitar playing for a while. Just wondering if anyone else has managed to do this, how long did it take to recover, how did it effect playing your guitar(s)? :rant2:
I guess the only good thing atm is i'm doped up to my eye balls on codeine and going to a festival on friday, should be lots of fun, lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
It only really hurts if i move my arm... and i did it riding my bicycle, bloody dangerous things i tell you ;)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You shattered it riding your bicycle or falling off it? ;)

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
No, didn't do that, but I messed up my left elbow pretty well. Took the better part of a year to really recover from it, though I still have problems now and then. I was playing again in a few months, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Get better man!

Dave

Reaction score
Go round a bend heading into an underpass... You may never forgot how to ride a bike but you can sure as hell forget how they handle ;)

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Afte rthe last hurricane down here, I was riding my bike. Gas was scarce and alot of the roads were hard to drive on. I was riding home from work one afternoon and saw a puddle. Didn't look deep so I rode through it. The was a HUGE hole right in the middle of it. And I didn't realize that it wasn't just a puddle, but some septic tank seepage. Needless to say, I was in the shower for hours.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
Afte rthe last hurricane down here, I was riding my bike. Gas was scarce and alot of the roads were hard to drive on. I was riding home from work one afternoon and saw a puddle. Didn't look deep so I rode through it. The was a HUGE hole right in the middle of it. And I didn't realize that it wasn't just a puddle, but some septic tank seepage. Needless to say, I was in the shower for hours.

Dude, that is gross. Yuk...Yeah those damn gas shortages. We had them up here to. I just couldn't figure out why. I guess everyone and their brother filled up instead of waiting until the tanks got low. I saw a fist fight waiting in line at a station after Jean.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:

:rofl: :poop: :bath:

Dave

Reaction score
Turns out i can play guitar already :D
I'll probably find out later on this isn't a good idea.. but well you trying leaving a guitar alone ;)

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a physical therapist tell me that it was the best thing for me to do when I hurt my elbow. Probably the only reason that I recovered as fast and as well as I did. As long as it doesn't hurt to play, then do it!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's a result Dave! As NLB said, as long as it doesn't hurt it's probably better to exercise gently to stop your joints seizing up. Playing guitar sounds like a damn good way of achieving that to me.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
hope it gets better soon man, i fell of my bike when i tried to go up a curb sideways lol

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
ouch! i cut my finger once, couldn't play for a week. it sucked :lol:

Latest posts