Short(er than 25,5') scale floyded axe.

• Thread starter SnoozyWyrm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
It's that day of the decade again..

My trusty Yamaha rg1212a needs a refret badly, and I am checking my options, on what exists right now that can cover the same bases specwise: 24 3/4'-25' scale, a soft C-shape preferably and a 2-point trem (if not a floyd)

I've checked the used market to no avail. Budget is 1000-1500€ (lower is always better). Checking new guitars the only model that seems to satisfy is the 2017 PRS Se 24 floyd. Is there anything else I am missing?

Thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exo

Reaction score
Lots of BC Rich stuff is 24 5/8, with a Floyd......but it's all a definite "try before you buy" crapshoot as well.

A nice WMI made Korean Mockingbird ST neckthru from a few years back is tough to beat.......

Scordare

Reaction score
Carvins that are neck thru are typically 25" (-pre1993 is 24 3/4"), Epiphone has had some floyd equipped short scales in the past. BC Rich also..

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Carvin isn't an option on this side of the pond. I am checking some Fusions on e-bay right now. Anyone owning a PRS 24 SE Floyd to chime in?

The 1

Reaction score
The PRS SE's are great. Would be a solid choice.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
My vote goes to EC-1000
xlarge.png

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
The EC on its own has a real comfortable neck, and the short scale helps greatly as well.

I haven't tried the version with the Floyd, but, based on that, I'd also cast my vote for the EC-1000

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your answers! I think I might score a fusion from a friend soon-ish.

There is a reason I am so persistent on the short scale; I have had a ganglion cyst excised 2 times and subsequently reappear in my wrist joint. I can play, but big stretches are a big no, and thus every little thing (such as half an inch off) helps.

Reactions: exo

nyxzz

Reaction score
CU24 Floyd, Dusty from BTBAM has been playing one for years.