Short..NGD.....ESP E-II RZK-II Burnt

Trashgreen

Reaction score
20 days ago I bought the ESP E-II RZK-II Burnt which was supposed to be a part of my 20 years of playing guitars celebration..

The passion for this guitar started back in 2010 when it was first released in the ESP custom shop, 7 years later in 2017 as some of you may know it was released as an E-II standard serie and I always wanted to get my hands on one of these. Had a small economic chance to buy one now so I grabbed the opportunity and ordered one..

The finish on the RZK-II is absolutely awesome, definitely the most intense graphic I have ever seen on a ESP standard series guitar. Very well crafted and with a great touch of realism and attention to detail. Acoustic sound was big and clear with a solid body feel to it. Weight was 4,3 kg and it had a very tasty Rosewood fingerboard. Fretwork was the best I have jet seen on any ESP standard series guitar. Neck had a nice thin U profile which felt just a tiny bit beefy on the thumb site, not much more than my other ESP guitars and it felt great to play none the less.

After having the RZK-II for just a few days I kind of realized that the point of getting this guitar for my anniversary wasn't sufficient enough to justify the expansion of my guitar collection based on actual needs for something different taking both price and my overall economy in consideration.

So I returned the RZK-II to get something cheaper and somehow more interesting in terms of tone and difference to what I already have in my collection. To be continued very soon….

I like to point out that this is still an awesome guitar and I felt kind of sad returning it. Maybe I will come back for one of these RZK's sometime in the future granted they are still out there and my economic is up for it.

I thought I would make this thread anyway to show the pics I took cause there ain't that many close-up pics of the RZK burnt finish out there..

IMG_5378_zpsodrbjw95.jpg

IMG_5270_zpso6vd27x6.jpg

IMG_5276_zpsbplcd8sw.jpg

IMG_5266_zpsp3jqtnjj.jpg

IMG_5283_zpsawoncgtt.jpg

IMG_5275_zps66bstekm.jpg

IMG_5286_zpseroubrtq.jpg

IMG_5287_zps4vteeu2u.jpg

IMG_5290_zps1mg6lnzr.jpg

IMG_5294_zpsknilqbjv.jpg

IMG_5308_zpsu1crj3n2.jpg

IMG_5264_zpswjzg4bb1.jpg

So just to point out once again, this guitar was returned and is sadly no longer in my possession!

Still amazing finish though!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex79

Reaction score
Looks a bit like it's a guitar for the next World of Warcraft movie... I can totally understand why you returned it. :)

Also, what's up with those Switzerland inlays?

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
Looks Killer man! Sorry you had to return it although now you can say that you owned one!!

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
That's cool. Never realised that it has a kind of 3D finish instead of just being a painted graphics. Btw, was that bridge blocker screw thing there by default? Never seen one of those and I think it's genious. I know you can buy some aftermarket string blockers but I wish every floating bridge came with one of those. Ibanez kinda does the same with the Edge Zero bridges but it still allows the bridge to move a little which, imo makes it kinda pointless.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
That's cool. Never realised that it has a kind of 3D finish instead of just being a painted graphics. Btw, was that bridge blocker screw thing there by default? Never seen one of those and I think it's genious. I know you can buy some aftermarket string blockers but I wish every floating bridge came with one of those. Ibanez kinda does the same with the Edge Zero bridges but it still allows the bridge to move a little which, imo makes it kinda pointless.

Yes the bridge blocker was pre-installed, I had to check cause I heard some info about this in some YouTube video somewhere. Turns out it is comes installed in the guitar, it looked and felt quite solid.