Short Run Vinyl Pressings

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hello fellow guitarists !

My album is almost complete and I was looking to run a crowdfunding campaign. I thought it would be nice to have a short-run limited edition vinyl pressings of the album with a gatefold or tri-fold cover. I'm looking at it more from a commemorative stand point.

I've done some research and most places require you to order 300 if not 500 pieces. That is a little outside my request zone.

I've found One Cut Vinyl and Mobineko.

Using their quote system I've found for 20 pieces I'm getting $75 per Vinyl.

Do any of you know any site / vendor that provides Short-Run Custom Vinyl Pressing and Packaging (gatefold or fancy) at a lower price?

Thanks in advance!

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum. Admin please move it to the correct area, if necessary

Snazzy examples of what I'd like (and wouldn't we all :agreed:)

8156OBwJObL._SL1500_-11-1.jpg

%C2%A9-The-Vinyl-Factory-The-Hateful-8-Soundtrack-Ennio-Marricone-photographed-Michael-Wilkin-2015_0005_%C2%A9-The-Vinyl-Factory.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
If your looking to do short run commemorative vinyl It would be much cheaper to get a lathe cut record as opposed to an actual vinyl LP. But i'd only do that if you want them to be strictly commemorative as the sound quality of a lathe cut is pretty poor when compared to a standard record, and lathe cuts will totally wreck the needle on any record player.
I've not yet looked into getting a record pressed, but A lot of the places that press vinyl can also produce lathe cuts at a more cost effective price than $75 a piece.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Thanks broj15! I will look into the Lathe Cuts.

Yeah I looked around and it seems what I want is not really possible unless I go to the minimum required 500 count (to even break even for the company producing it). Most vendors went ahead with the "If you're not looking to print 500 or more, don't even entertain the thought of Vinyl". :nono:

Ah well ...

anomynous

Reaction score
They have a point. It's super expensive, so that's why you usually see pressings of at least 1k that include a few different variants.