Should I buy 2x12" instead of 4x12"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mungiisi

Reaction score
Well, I did a thing and bought an used 4x12" Rectifier Standard. Paid 700 EUR for it, it's a couple of years old. Sounds pretty good.

_1120958-LORES.jpg

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Beautiful! Cab and the rig in general.

I'd set it on the ground myself though. More contact with the floor gives you more low end, which I find preferable. I even flip mine on its side off the casters so it's in direct contact with the floor.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

I'd set it on the ground myself though. More contact with the floor gives you more low end, which I find preferable. I even flip mine on its side off the casters so it's in direct contact with the floor.

The last thing a recto needs is more low end :lol:

mungiisi

Reaction score

Thanks a lot. It's a result of many years of trying different gear, however now I feel it's quite solid. Quite basic, but very solid.

I actually would like to have it even more higher, that way me and others would hear it more clearly without increasing the volume too much.

mungiisi

Reaction score
In case someone's struggling with same kind of decision it maybe worthwhile to mention that I made my choice purely due to the praise I've heard of the Rectifier 4x12" cabinets. Because I would've made my purchase from the used market anyways, I would've gone with a Rectifier 2x12" if there had been a serious deal. There's couple used ones currently available on the same website where I bought mine cab, but they cost as much as mine did.

I used to play about a year through a Orange 2x12". I loaned it, and I can't recall the exact model. It has an half open back, V30's and it's quite narrow - almost equal with the Dual Rectifier head and that's smaller compared to f.e. ENGL heads.

There's very big difference between the Orange 2x12" and the Rectifier 4x12" (no wonder, it's almost apples to oranges (pun intended)). First thing I noticed was that my delay effect was much more noticeable and deeper through the bigger cabinet. The 4x12" also really has some low end, I could feel it in my legs when standing in front of the cab.