Show Me Your Caparison Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone see capas latest dellinger releases? I'm in love with the 7s, but also the HSS 6. I'm *so* excited to see more fixed bridges!

View attachment 114748
View attachment 114749
Hell yeah!

Dellinger7-WB-FX-EF-NT-Front.jpg

6or7mattersnot

Hey guys look! Text!
Reaction score

Picked up this 2018 Solar Flare Horus M3 back in March of this year. It makes my inner teenage metalhead very happy. The guy who had it before me put one of Wes Hauch's signature Seymour Duncans in and that thing is absolutely bonkers. The only downside is it makes the GAS for more Caparisons way harder... :lol:

Reaction score

Picked up this 2018 Solar Flare Horus M3 back in March of this year. It makes my inner teenage metalhead very happy. The guy who had it before me put one of Wes Hauch's signature Seymour Duncans in and that thing is absolutely bonkers. The only downside is it makes the GAS for more Caparisons way harder... :lol:

Can't see the pic but I bet the Jupiter pickup sounds great in the Horus. I'm still on the fence with the stock PH-Rm in my new one - I have a Black Winter and a Gibson 498T kicking around, might try one of those

1.jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

you can use https://postimages.org/ to post pics

6or7mattersnot

Hey guys look! Text!
Reaction score
Can't see the pic but I bet the Jupiter pickup sounds great in the Horus. I'm still on the fence with the stock PH-Rm in my new one - I have a Black Winter and a Gibson 498T kicking around, might try one of those

1.jpg
Unfortunately I can't speak to how the stock pickup would sound. I have heard a lot of good recordings done with the Black Winter, so I'm sure that would be great. I changed the image permissions so it should work now?

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't speak to how the stock pickup would sound. I have heard a lot of good recordings done with the Black Winter, so I'm sure that would be great. I changed the image permissions so it should work now?

Oh yeah that thing looks mean with the all rail pickup combo

SeventyFour

Reaction score
Will we ever see a 7 string horus I wonder? Is there something about that model that makes a 7 unviable?

Also, Caparison need to bring back the sponge finishes of old. the current finishes are too contrasting and don't 'blend' enough or me.

jco5055

Reaction score
Will we ever see a 7 string horus I wonder? Is there something about that model that makes a 7 unviable?

Also, Caparison need to bring back the sponge finishes of old. the current finishes are too contrasting and don't 'blend' enough or me.
I would assume because it's 24.75" scale, that making a 7 would be quite unique in that regard.

I do find it interesting a little bit how they seem a smudge set in their ways? Like how they only offer one neck profile, and how they only use the Schaller tremolo, which for whatever reason the owner claims is their favorite/it has improvements over the OFR, but when trying to look that info up it seems almost everyone thinks the OFR/Lockmeister is superior. Considering their proprietary hardtail bridge is made by GOTOH, you'd think they'd maybe use the 1996T.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would assume because it's 24.75" scale, that making a 7 would be quite unique in that regard.

I do find it interesting a little bit how they seem a smudge set in their ways? Like how they only offer one neck profile, and how they only use the Schaller tremolo, which for whatever reason the owner claims is their favorite/it has improvements over the OFR, but when trying to look that info up it seems almost everyone thinks the OFR/Lockmeister is superior. Considering their proprietary hardtail bridge is made by GOTOH, you'd think they'd maybe use the 1996T.
I'm guessing they have a crate of Schallers, or some sort of special OEM deal. The trem is fine, but I concur that the Lockmeister or 1996 would probably be better.