Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Little updates... trying to decide which pair of monitors I'll keep:

Studio_2016_One15_nk.jpg

Studio_2016_Two15_nk.jpg

Which sound better in that room, translate to other playback devices accurately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sumsar

Reaction score
^ Nice, btw I ended up copying your idea with the Ikea Magnarp lamps, it looks great and gives a nice moody atmosphere for the studio :yesway:

I'l post a picture later.

What monitors are those?

Tirmu

Reaction score
Which sound better in that room, translate to other playback devices accurately?

That's the thing... they both sound gorgeous and seem to translate equally well.

^ Nice, btw I ended up copying your idea with the Ikea Magnarp lamps, it looks great and gives a nice moody atmosphere for the studio :yesway:

I'l post a picture later.

What monitors are those?

Cool! They're definitely great lamps for the money. Post a pic when you can :) Given To Fly nailed it, these are both Amphions, the One15's and Two15's.

Tirmu

Reaction score
Tirmu, I'm intrigued on how you installed the leds in the back of the monitor...Are they the standard IKEA led color strip?

It's basic led strip from ebay with adhesive on the back... I lined the edges of the back of the monitor with it. Works very well! :)

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I agree! You can use one long strip if you make a loop in every corner. That way you don't have to cut the strips or use several.

Sorry, these question have nothing to do with lighting:

What kind of bass traps do you have in the corners? I did not notice them the first time around which is something people rarely say about bass traps. Also, which pair of monitors did you decide on? How will you be powering them?

Tirmu

Reaction score
Sorry, these question have nothing to do with lighting:

What kind of bass traps do you have in the corners? I did not notice them the first time around which is something people rarely say about bass traps. Also, which pair of monitors did you decide on? How will you be powering them?

Hofa basstraps, I ordered them from here: Hofa Basstrap Creme

I have 2 of them stacked in each corner. I'm leaning towards the Amphion Two15's with the Amp500 although I still have both pairs...

necronoid

Reaction score
My turn!! I apologize for the poor photo quality. Any advice on any stand for my KRK? They are way to big for my desk so I'd like to raise them a little bit.

desk2.jpg

desk1.jpg

Tirmu

Reaction score
My turn!! I apologize for the poor photo quality. Any advice on any stand for my KRK? They are way to big for my desk so I'd like to raise them a little bit.

Photos are fine! I recommend IsoAcoustics stands (check out my pictures above).

4Eyes

Reaction score
small update, added 22" monitor, always wanted dual monitor setup at home

12912386_1696073020666274_533141914_n.jpg

lundvall

Reaction score
PANO_20160420_203854.jpg

Slowly getting there. Moved to a new apratment a few months ago that had a walking closet of 3 squaremeters that i've made in to my studio.

Just got room for one guitar in there so still need to have the rest of the arsenal in the livingroom but that is OK!

Gonna add some wallmounts for the monitors and also buy a Dell ultrawidescreen get out the most of it but still gonna try to get it as simple as possible in the small area.

Hope you guys like it!

Xcaliber

Reaction score
Hello. I'm somewhat new to this forum and I thought I would share my studio set up. I love to look at pics of other people's studios and see how diverse they are, from very simple to very complex. I look forward to being a part of the community.

My Recording Studio by SG Xcaliber, on Flickr

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Hello. I'm somewhat new to this forum and I thought I would share my studio set up. I love to look at pics of other people's studios and see how diverse they are, from very simple to very complex. I look forward to being a part of the community.

My Recording Studio by SG Xcaliber, on Flickr

Welcome Xcaliber, nice lil setup you have there.
Care to share more about the desk? I like how compact of a footprint it is, but still accommodates some rack space and room for a 49 key controller.

Xcaliber

Reaction score
Welcome Xcaliber, nice lil setup you have there.
Care to share more about the desk? I like how compact of a footprint it is, but still accommodates some rack space and room for a 49 key controller.

Thanks Tony. Sure, I should have listed that info in my original post.

The desk is 4' wide, 2' deep and 32" high. The rack space is 4U so I have some room to expand (before getting rid of things). Now I wish it was a little wider (6' would have been better), but it will do for now. The keyboard is a new addition since I planned the desk so I might end up putting it away when I'm not using it. The other thing I didn't anticipate is how large the monitors would be on the shelf. My old setup had them sitting on the bottom part of the "desk". They look really huge on the new desk. I also have some KRK Rokit 5's, but the BX8's sound so much better.

I play the guitar :shred: and write and record rock/metal music for fun at home. The keyboard helps with other software instruments and sometimes to get a drum beat figured out. I'll post some pics of my guitars (I'm a lefty) at some point too.

Thanks again for the reply.