Sim City

• Thread starter ayaotd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed. It's like a Bethesda game, except the bugs aren't ridiculously endearing like dragons that fly backwards or crimefighting chickens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Have not played in a few days. I have some time tonight. Would any of you guys be down to start a new one :O or do you have to much invested in your current cities? Mine is so flawed right now :S

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
We on for a new region? Would definitely start a new one now that I know a bit more about the game.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Requests sent to Axxess and bannabop. Friend request sent to Leandroab and MasterXios to invite you to the region.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Anyone down to get a region going again? I have been wanting to play but it is much more fun with others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to create a new region today. Was feeling nostalgic and hadn't played in months. My new city actually ended up working a LOT smoother than any of my previous cities did, even the one I rebuilt from scratch in a hyper-planned manner. In 6 hours of playtime, I've already got $11 million in the bank.

If anyone wants to give it another go, PM me and I'll friend you on Origin and send you the region (or however the heck it works).

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
After my last post, I demolished my city at that point and replanned it. I worked my way up from smelting to manufacturing processors to manufacturing computers, doing away with smelting entirely and just buying the alloy on the market. Definitely the best way to earn money. Now my city is 350k people and I have nearly $180 million in the bank in just my one city.

Everything was humming along smoothly, so I decided to get rid of anything high-polution and go nuclear power instead. What do I get for my troubles? A tornado, right on top of my nuclear plant. Kaboom. It didn't radiate things too heavily, but apparently fallout gets converted to ground pollution over time, which means that more than half my map is now completely polluted. Thankfully, I've more than enough income to pay for a fully loaded hospital, which has more than enough capacity.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Just came across to this cool thread... didn't read all the posts...

Anyway, by chance I dug up a copy of my old SimCity 3000, with booklet and all! Surprisingly it still works on a Win7 based 64-bit machine! :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice find. I think I even still have my old Simcity 3000 Unlimited CD around somewhere, although I got it used so there was never a box or manual. My intro to Simcity was watching my uncle play Simcity 2000 back in the day, then he bought me a copy of Simcity 3000.

I couldn't play Simcity 4 back in the days because, at the time it came out, it required about the best computer money could buy to run smoothly. I picked it up in 2012 though on Steam and started playing it, and it rekindled my love for the franchise.

FWIW, the reason I stopped playing before was because the rollback bug made the game unplayable. Thankfully that issue appears to have been completely resolved, as I haven't run into it a single time since I started playing again.

And yeah, you make MAD CASH manufacturing processors and turning them into computers. Despite my hourly budget being nearly $70k in the red, my net is closer to about +$2.8 million per day.

One bug I have run into is that the train rails in Nugget Plateau (in the Titan Gorge set) are useless, because they don't actually go anywhere except to the local Great Works site (which is also accessible by road) and then off the map.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
Hmmm... Nostalgia has broken in here, too.... Gonna dig up my simciy 4, now... :lol: