Sims Custom Shop 7 String - Multi-Lamintare Spalted Maple Double Cut Carved Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
New pic. I probably won't use this neck, I plan on making a neck with a tiger striped 5A Flame Maple fingerboard & some kind of crazy abalone inlay (needless to say its gonna be a pretty fancy guitar) I want it to be the most impressive SCS guitar I've done yet from a construction stand point. I guess you could say I kinda want to go all out on this one to show just what I'm capable of. Anyways, thought you guys might like to see it mocked up a little more than the last pictures. Trust me, when I'm finished with this guitar its going to be off the charts haha. Its already pretty sweet looking & I haven't even started sanding it yet lol. Once I get the sealer on it the flame maple center section is gonna really come to life. Not too shabby for my 1st ever 7 string, if I must say so myself haha

SCS7SpaltedOne.png

SCS7SpaltedTwo.png

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
the last two posts of yours i haven't been able to see the picture. it's weird. did you take them down or are my innerwebs broked?

Reaction score
Strange, their working perfectly on my end. Their linked to my photobucket & I haven't removed them from their. Anybody else having any problems viewing them?

bulb

Reaction score
wow, really gorgeous!
if you dont mind me asking, why are you putting such amazing woods on a guitar only to stick EMGs in it afterwards?

Reaction score
wow, really gorgeous!
if you dont mind me asking, why are you putting such amazing woods on a guitar only to stick EMGs in it afterwards?

I didn't know there was anything wrong w/ EMG's. I love EMG's & it seems to be the most popular pickup among 7 string guitarists, so I guess thats why I went w/ them.

Soiledflame

Reaction score

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
don't clear it man, use a satin finish on it, seriously a gloss would make it look a lot worse imo (gloss looks terrible for no colour finishes)

looks great though, nice job picking the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.