Single volume wiring

• Thread starter Masquerade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masquerade

Reaction score
So I have a EC-401b that came with EMGs and I wanna swap em out for my Bareknuckle BlackHawks my Finance bought me a while ago

I want to run it with the 3way toggle switch and one volume (Which I hope to have as a 550k pot)

My question is... Is there a simple diagram for this setup? I've searched around and haven't been able to find something of the sort. Also, will a need any capacitors?

The pickups came with the 4 conductor option so I don't know if that makes thing more difficult.

Thanks friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

weirdoku

Reaction score
Like this?

Wiring Diagram

The wire colours may be different on the BKPs so you'll need to make sure you wire up the right ones. I only have 2 conductor BKPs so I can't say if the wire colours are the same.

Masquerade

Reaction score
Yeah exactly what I needed, thank you!

Will I need capacitors? I'm new to changing out pickups and such

On my Blackhawks I have a red, black, green, white (Green and white are taped off) and the ground wire I assume because its bare

vick1000

Reaction score
With out a tone pot, you only want a cap in there for treble bleed, basically a always fully rolled off tone pot. If you find the guitar a little too bright, you can add a veyr low value cap (.0033uf/3300pf)) between the ground and hot side anywhere in the circuit for a treble bleed. You can even use one value on one pick up and a different value on another, even individual coils if you desire.