Slugdge - Esoteric Malacology

• Thread starter prlgmnr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crundles

Reaction score
Yeah this is pretty amazing.

I've been getting this band in my youtube recommendations, but I kept ignoring it because the name felt gimmicky (which is really kind of ignorant of me, I know). This thread made me listen to the Esoteric Malacology album and it's good.

Already threw it at some friends, everyone seems to enjoy it.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
avoided this band for about two weeks because of the name.

but goddamn, what an album. So many tasty riffs, great songs, heavy as shit, proggy, melodic, everything you need.

Doug N

Reaction score
avoided this band for about two weeks because of the name.

but goddamn, what an album. So many tasty riffs, great songs, heavy as shit, proggy, melodic, everything you need.
Agree with everything there, the name is ridiculous.

Werecow

Reaction score
I've been unable to get the song The Spectral Burrows out of my head for several days now. I'll be doing something during the day and suddenly realise i've been listening to it in my head.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
I had seen the name, but never really clicked it till this morning after a friend turned me onto one of their recent interviews. I think they might be a new favorite. This has literally everything amazing in it. Fucking killer.

goddamn, this album is amazing. Kind of gives me old Behemoth/Morbid Angel vibes

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
one of my favorite albums of the last few months, just fantastic

every song probably didn't need to be around 8 minutes long, but it's sick anyways

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
All the hype in this thread got me to listen and damn this is some awesome stuff! I guess better late than never!

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I came on the bandwagon a bit late. Just bought the album a week ago and I've listened to it a million times already. This has to be one of my favorite albums, from any artist, ever.
This album and the new Rivers of Nihil album are my picks for AOTY so far.

zappatton2

Reaction score
This is my first time hearing them, and one song in, they're already on my discogs most wanted list. I've been wondering lately if, after almost 30 years of listening to death metal, I'm not getting a little bored of the genre, and then something this good comes along and I'm right back in!

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
What a weird name! This isn't death metal. I like it, but not really death. Too many other influences. It's just like modern metal with death vocals. You've got melodic passages and some clean vocals in there. And the Viking la la la parts. I would call this Scandanavian metal. It's "gateways to nonsensical realities." I'd agree to that. It doesn't really make any sense. 21 bucks for a vinyl! Fuck! Those most be expensive to make these days.

I'd say it needs to get a lot more interesting. This is just a bunch of stuff thrown together. But good luck to them. Haha! That name. Where's the sludge parts?? :D

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
I think it says a lot about a band when I can listen all the way through their discography and not get bored of them. Slugdge is one of those bands for me.

Werecow

Reaction score
I think it says a lot about a band when I can listen all the way through their discography and not get bored of them. Slugdge is one of those bands for me.

Yeh. I've been listening to their Gastronomicon album recently and i listen to the whole thing through as well. It's amazingly rare for me to find a band i can do that with.