SM57 & proximity effect

• Thread starter Great Satan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good, the further away i am from what everybody else is doing the happier i'll be. Use your ears not your peer-pressure.

:lol: Right on, then. Good luck! :metal:

And re: digital, I think it's awesome and has made it significantly easier for guys like us to record good-sounding music. I do share your concern, though, that because it makes editing SO easy, there's a growing attitude that it's ok to rely on post-tracking editing to "fix" a performance, rather than justr getting it right in the first place. I suspect you and I have a VERY different production ethos (I'm more Devin Townsend/Steven Wilson to your 90s death metal), but I LIKE the little artifacts of a performance that make a part sound human, the little bit of string noise here and there, a bit of amp hum, a slightly loose feeling here and there, whatever - I want music to be recorded cleanly and played precisely, but I want it to sound like the work of a human being, too. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts