So, Fallout 4...

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I didn't take Nick for the same reason dude mentioned: I went there with a build that's pure Lone Wanderer, so I can get those sweet, sweet, Lone Wanderer perks.

Well, that's not strictly true, since I do have Dogmeat with me. For whatever reason, Dogmeat doesn't count as a follower for the purposes of the Lone Wanderer perk.

I'll try to bring Nick with me next time I play through it, though. I'm trying to think of an excuse to do a power armor playthrough, but I can't think of a combat style I haven't done yet to use with it. Well, except big guns, but ammo is so scarce for that that I'm not sure I want to. :lol:

stevexc

Reaction score
I didn't take Nick for the same reason dude mentioned: I went there with a build that's pure Lone Wanderer, so I can get those sweet, sweet, Lone Wanderer perks.

Well, that's not strictly true, since I do have Dogmeat with me. For whatever reason, Dogmeat doesn't count as a follower for the purposes of the Lone Wanderer perk.

I'll try to bring Nick with me next time I play through it, though. I'm trying to think of an excuse to do a power armor playthrough, but I can't think of a combat style I haven't done yet to use with it. Well, except big guns, but ammo is so scarce for that that I'm not sure I want to. :lol:

PUNCHING.

Or take the find-extra-ammo perk.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
...aaaaaaand that's what I did. Gonna be a power armored, heavy-gun-totin' hard ass. No sneaking for me this time around. I'm also grabbing the perks that make FCs last longer, since I don't have too many early in game.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
So I started the new DLC and remembered seeing where someone said bring Nick...sounds good in theory, but I have no idea where he is now :(

Not at my main towns, not at his office...I cannot think for the life of me where he is.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I took Piper with me, because I hadn't even heard of the Nick thing until I saw it in this thread. I tend to live under a rock when I game. :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I've done the DLC twice now, once with Nick and once without. It was definitely more interesting with him in tow. Overall it's a pretty fun DLC, though if I had any complaint it'd be that none of the new loot is all the great. The Marine armor is pretty cool, but only if you wanted something that's a step between combat armor and power armor.

I'm currently doing an unarmed/hand-to-hand tank playthrough, and it's simultaneously the most challenging and most hilarious one I've done so far. It's rough because I take a lot of damage while not really being able to dish out as much as I could with some of the higher-powered weapons in the game. I'm not doing it sneaky-sneak style, either, so it's all without any sneak damage bonuses.

On the other hand, the kill animations for unarmed are pretty hilarious, especially when they conflict with the physics of the game itself, haha. I uppercut a raider at the top of one of the outdoor towers on top of the Corvega factory, and he went sailing ass-over-teakettle over the railing and down five floors to the ground. I don't think I've laughed so hard while playing FO4 before.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I just killed Swan with some bladed brass knuckles. No sneak bonuses. I'm probably a bit more proud of myself than I should be.

Stealth7

Reaction score

More DLC for FO4, FO Shelter is coming to PC and Skyrim Remastered! :yesway:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Add a Mirelurk Queen to the list of baddies I've punched to death. I'm starting to feel a little OP, if I'm honest. :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts