So I have the weirdest question about skipping leg day....

• Thread starter Fenriswolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So, my goals for working out is hitting the golden ratio (that Greek god, Henry Cavil physique), and for me, that means 18" arms and calves. At the moment, my arms are 16" and my legs are 17".

I'm trying to figure out a workout plan where I can actually hit my goals instead of getting depressed because of body dysmorphia, start another eating disorder and just spamming curls, lat raises and shrugs because that makes you look more like The Mountain instead of slightly obese. As strange as it sounds, I kinda want to minimize growth in my legs, at least until my arms catch up, but working out helps all the stuff I fucked up as a kid, so I don't want to just not do legs until then.

What would y'all recommend until then? Just something light like bodyweight squats and lunges?

Matt08642

Reaction score
I'd just keep doing legs normally because they aren't going to explode out of nowhere and blow your body out of proportion, then just hit arms more often. If you truly want to minimize growth, you could focus on moving heavier weight with less overall volume instead of more hypertrophic rep ranges like 12-15.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'd just keep doing legs normally because they aren't going to explode out of nowhere and blow your body out of proportion, then just hit arms more often. If you truly want to minimize growth, you could focus on moving heavier weight with less overall volume instead of more hypertrophic rep ranges like 12-15.

That's what I've thought about, but I work out at home, not a gym. I have 110 pounds to work with. That's great for upper body, but even when I was in high school getting bullied for being the fat kid, I could barely bench the bar I could squat one plate no problem.

Like as far as joining a gym, not only do I have to deal with the mental shit about thinking you'll be judged even though you won't, I've basically deadlifted stuff heavy enough people think I might be on gear, then turn around and only be able to bench 80 pounds. That real world strength vs gym strength has me just messed up about everything.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt08642

Reaction score
That's what I've thought about, but I work out at home, not a gym. I have 110 pounds to work with. That's great for upper body, but even when I was in high school getting bullied for being the fat kid, I could barely bench the bar I could squat one plate no problem.

Like as far as joining a gym, not only do I have to deal with the mental shit about thinking you'll be judged even though you won't, I've basically deadlifted stuff heavy enough people think I might be on gear, then turn around and only be able to bench 80 pounds. That real world strength vs gym strength has me just messed up about everything.

The good news is 110lbs won't be enough to make your legs appreciably bigger unless you're maybe killing yourself with deep walking lunges. Something else I thought about might be doing more cardio (even just walking) directly after hitting legs, which should also have an effect on limiting growth (especially if you're eating more to get bigger in other areas like your arms).

As for the gym self-consciousness, I get it, but nobody would be weird about you deadlifting some monstrous amount then having a weak bench. If anything people would just ask how you got your deadlift so high or just not talk to you at all :lol: Honestly the only thing I judge other gym goers about is when someone leaves a machine covered in sweat or makes some other kind of mess without cleaning - Nothing to do with their strength or ability.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
The good news is 110lbs won't be enough to make your legs appreciably bigger unless you're maybe killing yourself with deep walking lunges. Something else I thought about might be doing more cardio (even just walking) directly after hitting legs, which should also have an effect on limiting growth (especially if you're eating more to get bigger in other areas like your arms).

As for the gym self-consciousness, I get it, but nobody would be weird about you deadlifting some monstrous amount then having a weak bench. If anything people would just ask how you got your deadlift so high or just not talk to you at all :lol: Honestly the only thing I judge other gym goers about is when someone leaves a machine covered in sweat or makes some other kind of mess without cleaning - Nothing to do with their strength or ability.

Funny enough, that's the thing I have the best explanation for.

6ywcb3-2039668932.jpg

They might be right about that dad strength thing. Working out, on curls I can do 50 pounds on an EZ Bar for like ten reps, when my son wants me to carry him to bed like when he was little I can walk all the way through the house curling 120 pounds like I'm Ronnie goddamned Coleman and he ain't nothing but a peanut.

That's the thing a lot of influencers leave out. There's a mental thing to it too. I can do so much more when I'm thinking about the happiness of my children instead of my body dysmorphia and trying not to get another eating disorder.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Stretching?
Cardio for leg toning instead of bulking?

Those are my only ideas.