So, I'm changing a few things...

• Thread starter Buzz762
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
It took a dying friend's words to actually get me to make some changes in my life that I was not satisfied with, but I'm actually going to do it. Lately I've just been all around depressed about pretty much everything and realized I pretty much hate myself. Rather than moping around about it any longer I'm going to fix some things.

I've decided to switch back into a medical course of study. I'm having problems justifying continuing on into criminal justice. Basically both are completly futile career fields, I just feel that medicine would be more rewarding than law enforcement. I'm also pretty much giving up worrying about relationships or anything. I'm going to end the one that I am currently in because it is going nowhere. It's not worth worrying about, even moreso that I am going to kick my ass into gear school-wise (*sigh* goodbye-summer vacation).

My diet. I have HORRIBLE eating habits. I'm eating one extremely unhealthy meal per day and having loads of sugar through excessive eating of candy bars. I need to change this because I have been developing anemia-like symptoms (lethargy, muscle fatigue, general weakness). I've also been gaining a shitload of weight because of everything I've been eating and not really exercising much.

My excercise habits. I'm planning on waking up tomorrow and trying to do a two mile jog, but I suspect it will be cut short because of knee problems (I severely damaged my left knee during a tennis accident a few years ago) until I can build up my leg muscles again. This is where I'm going to be running into problems. I'd like to get a good workout routine set up mainly for fat burning at first, and probably a bit of strength training. I'm just not really sure how I should go about doing this. I took a few weight training classes in high school and even one in college but didn't really learn anything. We basically just went in, did a quick run, then did a set on each of the machines and went home. Twice a week. It was a joke.

Any tips or motivational statements you guys can give me (dietary, exercize, or otherwise) would be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
while it sucks that it takes a dying friend to give you that "swift kick in the ass" to get you back on track, i'm sure it means alot to him that you'll take advantage and live life to your full potential. :yesway: i'm sure he'd be proud

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12453

There's alot of good info in there. As a guy with a bad knee, let me warn you to start things SLOW!!! That 2 mile jog sounds great, but if I were you, I'd shoot for maybe like 1/2 mile, especially if it's been awhile since you were physically active. The main thing to start with is your diet. Strength and endurance are effected by what you eat, so get that squared away for a week or 2 before you work out. Then, like I said, keep it light at first.

And of course, Good luck dude :yesway: