So I've decided to get a Vader...

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rotatous

Reaction score
After much research, I have decided I'll be getting a Vader 4x12 cabinet to pair up
with my 6505+. I am pretty damn sure this is the cabinet I want, but while on a
hunt for info on this cab, I began to wonder...

Has anyone ever even recorded this cab? With a mic?

I searched on google and soundclick, but nothing came up.

Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Many a death metal band use Vaders. I know Carnifex and Ion Dissonance are among many of them.

defchime

Reaction score
I would seriously consider the Vader

If only I could find an Ontarian willing to Let me try it out for an hour

if you find one give me their adress, how many people live there, if they ever leave there house unattended for more than 2 hours, if they have a security system, if they have a guard god or any other pestsss i mean pets, and if theyre neighbours are the nosey suspicious types.

i really need a cab, i dont really need a vader i just really need any cabinet at all...even just a crate, bugera, beherenger...ANYTHING

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Necrophagist uses them I think. Unless Muhammed just wheres a Vader shirt for...fun?

defchime

Reaction score
Necrophagist uses them I think. Unless Muhammed just wheres a Vader shirt for...fun?

i wear an esp shirt hoping they'll give me a guitar.

I seriously do...i play an agile, and ive never owned or plan to own an esp...unless they hand me one of course

Vstro

Reaction score
I've had Vaders for a few years and love them. The only downfall is if you pick one up by yourself while wearing shorts they destroy your legs.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
yeah, these are vaders. again: i just wrote what he stated in his thread - look it up in the general section. and i thought we were talking about RECORDINGS, not shitty live-handy-cam-videos. and if you look this thread up, he stated several times that he used only Savage->XXL cab on the recordings.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Yeah, he's using the Engl in the studio, Vaders live.

IMO, Vaders sound crushing when recorded properly

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
man..sweet vaders...I use them Live but prefer Port City 2x12 loaded w eminience V12's for studio they get more air moving....

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
Dude i'm just gonna tell you my experience and opinion of course.
My friend jason has a dual rec and plays it through an oversized Mesa Cab. We jammed one day cuz i wanted to try his and he wanted to try a Vader.
When i plugged my 5150 into the mesa cab it just sounded weak compared to the Vader. I played around with my settings and tried different combinations and It sounded good don't get me wrong but next to the vader it didn't hold up. Now when he hooked up his Dual Rec to the Vader BOOM !!!! Huge difference.
All he did was look at me said "dude.....wow."
The Vader is punchy and has the tightest low end i mean some cabs you feel it in your chest. With Vaders you feel that punch through out your whole body. It's amazing it really is. Awesome response, great mids,super articulate, (i use a lot of mids), and live this thing slays.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, thats really the experience most people have when trying something loaded with good speakers. It's not so much Vader as it is just experiencing the wonders of non-V30s :)

Fenrisulfr

Reaction score
I'll tell you what bud.. I run a recording studio here in town and it's really simple in the fact that Vaders for some reason are the best for live.. and OS mesa is best for recording.

We really couldn't get too much of the tone we were looking for through a vader cab mic'd. My mate agree's with me who runs another studio about an hour from here.. and his band is ENDORSED by Vader. I dunno man.. It's all preference I suppose but in my personal experience.. Vader sounds phenomenal live.. not AS hot being recorded.

It's odd how much a difference the two cab companies have between them.. but keep in mind.. A Mesa OS 4x12 with the same V30 set up will be perfect recording.. NOT as hot IN MY OPINION live as a Vader

Hope I helped somewhat.

I may have my bud record some clips for ya