So this is a thing, apparently.

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
When your music causes:
Nausea
Heartburn
Indigestion
Upset Stomach
Diarrhea

Your guitar gets painted in Pepto Bismol.

Oddly enough, the color of the neck is pretty close the the color you see in a BM after taking pepto, so there’s an odd present / future vibe here!

In all seriousness though, a basic pink tele for a stage show looks good!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eyelessfiend

Reaction score
I love pink, teles and single pickup guitars but I cannot get into this one. All I know about the artist is he lost in a rap battle with Eminem so thats whatever.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool (especially that scoop in the headstock).

Something about it gives me "old tacky Schecter" vibes from back when they slapped Abalone and strippers on everything..but still the guitar actually looks pretty nice and I can see a lot of people buying this.

I've having flashbacks. I see a blood red superstrat with abalone binding on the body and possibly the neck, some ugly inlays which are also abalone, and a tune-o-matic bridge or Floyd Rose. The headstock is a 3x3 that also has abalone

Excuse me, I may vomit. However, I am grateful that I wasn't imagining a Dean Razorback or a $200 BC Rich Warlok. The late 2000s were wild times for guitar styles...

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Feature-wise it seems fine, but the look doesn't do anything for me personally. I can't tell if it's just the color or the tacky graphic & inlay.

sleewell

Reaction score
ok so this kid just bashed slipknot on stage so i guess fuck him and fuck his 15 mins of fame.

Masoo2

Reaction score
ok so this kid just bashed slipknot on stage so i guess fuck him and fuck his 15 mins of fame.
Wasn't it a direct response at Corey Taylor calling him out a few days ago? At least MGK is doing something for the scene and actually bringing in heaps of new fans to pop punk who otherwise would've never been exposed to the music. Corey even called him a "failed artist" like the dude hasn't topped the charts and sold out tours constantly since 2011.

Though tbf in complete sacrilege to SSO, there's maybe *four* Slipknot songs I can actually stand listening to - Before I Forget, Psychosocial, I Am Hated, and Metabolic. Everything else, especially Stone Sour stuff, has just felt like boring radio rock to me. Which is impressive considering MGK is literally radio rock yet I think his stuff is actually pretty decent comparatively.

tbh I view MGK as the continuation of what Lil Peep was starting to gravitate towards before his death. That blending of angsty emo rap with pop punk and post-hardcore, except MGK is doing it with a bit more polish and less of an underground drugged out vibe. With the rest of GothBoiClique having became Fender artists to one extent or another since his passing (Fish Narc, Yawns, Cold Hart, etc), I could easily have imagined a GBC/Peep signature guitar not too dissimilar from the MGK PT.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
He then potentially takes a swipe at rapper-turned-rocker Machine Gun Kelly saying, “I [hate] the artists who failed in one genre and decided to go rock – and I think he knows who he is. But that’s another story. I’m the worst. And I hate everything. And people are used to that with me, though.”

Yeah, he was kind of asking for it. Corey Taylor, as much as I like his work with Slipknot, is in no place to talk about "derivative." His solo project is the most boring derivative sack of shit in the past while.

I'm not really a fan of MGK, in fact I'm way more of a Slipknot fan, but Corey sometimes just needs to shush. His music without slipknot is exactly the crap he rants against. lol

I forgot he made that comment and until I remembered it I was kind of irked at MGK's comment, but now it's like wtf ever. Someone insults you, it's not unheard of that they'd take a shot back. Corey also kinda needs to watch his mouth... I know it's an iffy metric to go buy, but MGK has the same net worth as Corey, and about double the monthly streams as Slipknot and Corey's dog shit solo project combined. (Of course tours make more money, but MGK isn't exactly a failure at music, whether you like him or not.)

Perhaps I'm just annoyed these days at Corey Taylor's "shouting at the clouds."

sleewell

Reaction score
Mgk is kind of a failed artist tho isn't he? Wasn't he a rapper until he challenged Eminem and got embarrassed out of that genre?

Also no need to worry dude, my life is great. Just bc I don't hate on the bands that got me into heavy music to appear cool online doesn't mean my life isn't great.