Soilwork - The Ride Majestic is finally out!!

• Thread starter Unleash The Fury
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I've also wondered before why The Panic Broadcast doesn't get more love. I thought it was a hell of a bounce back from Sworn to a Great Divide (which I still like, but it's the album I listen to least besides Steelbath Suicide). Aside from one track it was great all the way through, and Enter Dog of Pavlov is my personal favorite album closer from them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dudley

Reaction score
Was so hyped for this album as I loved the last 2 albums beyond belief, but it really just isn't doing it for me. Very bitterly disappointed with it. Fingers crossed it'll be a grower, but I'm not holding out much hope.

rokket2005

Reaction score
I've been listening to a lot of new stuff since this album came out, so I havent suffocated it by overlistening to it, but it might be the best thing they've put out since Natural Born Chaos IMO. I wan't really holding my breath for this album, since TIL was kind of a letdown for me, it was ok, but never special. A refreshingly decent album after TPB which was ok in spots, and the god....ingawful STAGD. All over this album there are places where everything clicks for me, and it sounds like they're running on all cylinders. With all the albums in between FNF and TLI there seemed to be something holding back, songs would hit a threshold and be good, but not really break through and completely kill. Most of the songs on this album do that. To be fair, my order of preference for soilwork albums goes
APP->NBC->CHM->FNF->SBS->-TIL->STD->TPB->STAGD
pretty heavily favoring first era albums, but if I had to slot this album in it might give Chainheart a run for third.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Was so hyped for this album as I loved the last 2 albums beyond belief, but it really just isn't doing it for me. Very bitterly disappointed with it. Fingers crossed it'll be a grower, but I'm not holding out much hope.

It's a super grower. Somehow it washes over you a good bit the first few listens, but then gets its hooks in you pretty good all of the sudden.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
I just wish Bjorn incorporated more low growls. No doubt he has seemlessly improved on his high pitched screams and his clean vocals. But he doesn't include his low growls much anymore.

During 2004 - 2005 he was growling alot between Disarmonia Mundi, Terror 2000 and the stabbing the drama album. And I miss that in the latest few albums

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I was very excited to see this CD released. I was not dissapointed.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
Anyone know how many copies they sold in the first week? I couldn't find those numbers anywhere. I wanna know if they sold more than the living infinite

Metlupass2

Reaction score

I unfortunately feel the same way :(

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone has the chance, I recommend seeing them on the current tour. I just saw them with Hatebreed, Shattered Sun, Soulfly, and Sanctuary. The set was far too short (45 min), but they were amazing.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
If anyone has the chance, I recommend seeing them on the current tour. I just saw them with Hatebreed, Shattered Sun, Soulfly, and Sanctuary. The set was far too short (45 min), but they were amazing.

What songs did they play?

rokket2005

Reaction score
I saw them in MPLS, They played Ride Majestic, Alight in the AFtermath, Death in General, Petrichor by Sulphur from the new one, 1 song from TLI, don't remember which, Late for the Kill, Early etc., Bastard Chain, a couple from STD, nothing from Steelbath, Chainheart, FNV, or NBC. I felt pretty meh about their set honestly. :(

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
I really wish they would bring back some steel bath suicide tunes. I know they've recently play sadistic lullaby, and they played wings of domain when I saw them in 06. but please play something else lol.

Bloodshredder

Reaction score
TPB is one of my least favorites. It has some great songs, but I just don't like it as a whole. It's not aggressive enough. Deliverance is mine just might be one of my least favorite soilwork songs along with rejection role. But these last two albums, there is not a single song I don't love.

Same here. I absolutely love those guys, but I just can't get to love the last two albums. It has been hard with TPB already, but at least that one had "Let this River Flow" on it, which is one of the better Soilwork songs, imho.

But the last two efforts where not really my cup of tee. They could have done one album out of the double album and it would have been "ok".
nevermind, still a solid record to have a bit of fun with.

chevymeister

Reaction score
I liked this album a lot but Panic Broadcast is #1 for me, this one is probably a second and I liked everything moving back haha.

Millul

Reaction score
Still haven't got TRM, but this thread prompted me to go back and listen again to CD2 of TLI...fffuuuuarrkk, there's a lot of good stuff in there!

And many songs from FNF, even if probably not aggressive enough for some, are just...killer songs, I've found myself listening on repeat to many of them!

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
There's so many Soilwork threads... I decided against making another one, and just bump this:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Sounds like Soilwork :hbang:

I was expecting a mediocre B-side so this was a nice surprise. I loved they direction they took on "The Ride Majestic" though.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
great song I can't wait to pick this cd up. I want to hear the new mix of the STAGD songs as well.

Latest posts