Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not excactly fair comparison to compare good deal of used guitar to new prices...
Why it isn't fair? That was my reaction to the statement that this kind of issues ( or worse) are normal for 1300-2000$ indonesian new guitars. I understand the difference between new and used,and i also don't think that the NEW guitars should have such blemishes for that money.The same way you purchase Solar form their site,you can buy form Ishibashi and they will ship to every country in the world( except China i think).Also the "manufactoring tolerances" are determined by the contractor,they say:" we will accept units with this and that,or we will not accept".So it Solar fault,not the indonesian factory.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After two weeks of waiting my Solar E2.6 landed (lots of political strikes going on at the moment on different shipment related fields in Finland, so not Solars fault). Overall I am really happy with this except there's something wonky going on with the volume pot and you can over turn a bit. The action was also quite high out of the pack (Both if these things were also on guitar that @kriff recently got) I hope that reassembling the volume pot helps and if not, then I have to switch to new pot.. I won't definitely be returning this beauty!! I paid about 770€ for mine from St. Patricks day sale and hard case on top of that.

Below is short test drive shot with phone with few flubs, but I blame the high action on the high frets :cool:

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gz man, you look inspired to play the guitar, and that alone is worth every penny. I like the color, it has strong "Rust in Peace" vibes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gz man, you look inspired to play the guitar, and that alone is worth every penny. I like the color, it has strong "Rust in Peace" vibes.

Thanks, to me this colour always reminds of Dimebags Dean, even though this is bit different with black on the edge of burst and satin finish. It is nice guitar to play and in general Explorer shape is my favourite to play. This has slightly smaller body than my Ltd snakebyte, but feel is still familiar.

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
Does anybody know what's going on with Solar Guitars Discussion Group on a Facebook? Latest posts are from September '23 and nothing since then. Looks like admins do not accept new posts any longer?

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anybody know what's going on with Solar Guitars Discussion Group on a Facebook? Latest posts are from September '23 and nothing since then. Looks like admins do not accept new posts any longer?
There is one called “solar guitars user community” that I follow. This one has posts everyday.