This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I'm assuming the "playing Wonderwall at a party" stereotype is a specifically a Euro thing? I don't think I've ever heard a person play it, ironically or unironically.
I've never had anyone try to play wonderwall at a party before except for ironically one time in high school.

Reaction score
Not nacessarily only at a party, these super hits are commonly played at schools. In the 90's was the Extreme's More than words balad without the song's end solo, which is obviously the most interesting part of the song... or Michael Nyman's The Piano theme song aroung those who played the piano... what a great way to wreck otherwise good music... whom amoung us can actually listen to Wonder Wall freshly and without bias and then comment about its quality??... these are obviously great songs.. but I can't hear them, none of these...

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I'm assuming the "playing Wonderwall at a party" stereotype is a specifically a Euro thing? I don't think I've ever heard a person play it, ironically or unironically.

Must've been a very niche thing too, I never ran into it anywhere. I didn't even know what song Wonderwall was up until quite recently, I just knew the name from all the memes :lol: The actual song you'd hear someone play at a party would've been Smells Like Teen Spirit, in my experience.

cip 123

Reaction score
Definitely a UK thing at least, always know your exits if you spot a guitar at a party here

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven't encountered 1 "upstairs gig" much less 9
I played at a place a couple times in Mankato MN years ago that had a load in up the stairs on the outside of the building, two floors up I think. Either they didn't have an elevator or it didn't work. I was in my early 20's then so it wasn't a big deal lugging a couple 4x10 bass cabs up there.

Years later I was rehearsing at a place that was on the third floor in some lofts. All stairs and you cloud see all the way up to the top. It felt like scaling a small pyramid and made my single 100 pound 4x10 feel a lot heavier lol

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I played at a place a couple times in Mankato MN years ago that had a load in up the stairs on the outside of the building, two floors up I think. Either they didn't have an elevator or it didn't work. I was in my early 20's then so it wasn't a big deal lugging a couple 4x10 bass cabs up there.

Years later I was rehearsing at a place that was on the third floor in some lofts. All stairs and you cloud see all the way up to the top. It felt like scaling a small pyramid and made my single 100 pound 4x10 feel a lot heavier lol

Last tuesday I had a gig and had decided weeks prior that I was going to use my roadster + 2x12 which is my heaviest rig. Of all days the elevator stopped working at my complex, and I live on the 4th floor. That shit sucked :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I haven't encountered 1 "upstairs gig" much less 9
My shitty little high school band had two rooftop gigs in the year we played together. One of them, my 4x12 was too large to fit through the rooftop access hatch. I had to burrow my bassist's 18" cab (because he sounded like absolute dogshit through it, compared to his 4x10 (which juuuuuust barely fit)).

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My shitty little high school band had two rooftop gigs in the year we played together. One of them, my 4x12 was too large to fit through the rooftop access hatch. I had to burrow my bassist's 18" cab (because he sounded like absolute dogshit through it, compared to his 4x10 (which juuuuuust barely fit)).
I imagine your guitar sounding like WOMM WOMM WOMM WMMM WRRRMMMM