Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reminds me of this female "friend of a friend".

He told me she was having trouble with her love life and said she'd date basically anyone. I figured he was probably exaggerating or there was something he was leaving out of the story. I wasn't on the market, so I didn't pay a whole lotta mind to it.

Fast forward a year or so later, my friend is telling me essentially this same story again but added that she was transferred for work and she now works right across the hallway from me. He points out who she is and it turns out she's very attractive.

I'd be working in my office and feel like there's eyes on me. I look over and shes STARING at me. Doesnt break her stare even when I see her. So I smile and wave and go back to my work. Still feel like there's eyes on me so i look over and shes still staring.

This goes on for days and then WEEKS. Hours a day. And sometimes I'd be out of the office and I'd kinda snoop around the corner to see if she still looking into the office and yep, even when I'm not there or someone else is there, she's still staring into the office like she's invisible.

I still wasn't available and also, obviously felt like *something* was wrong but I was at least sympathetic to whatever she must be going through. I've had a number of incel male friends and it was mostly nothing entirely of their own doing and it was quite miserable, so I figured I'd at least give her a chance to vent.

Eventually she was out in the corridor at the same time as me, so I stopped to make small talk. She acted really off, i can't quite describe it. It was like, stiff without necessarily coming off as either nervous or distant either. It was all like a one word answer, fake smile like an alien inside trying to control a human body, etc. So the conversation was really brief, very awkward and I moved on.

Told myself well whatever possible romantic interest she might have had must be squashed so at least we accomplished that.

She gets back full lunch, same day and GOES BACK TO STARING INTO MY WINDOW THE VERY SAME DAY.

This goes on a few more weeks, I figure maybe first time we spoke she was nervous or socially awkward or whatever, so i talked to her a second time and she acts exactly the same again. At that point I just accept all she wants to do is stare through the window but not actually interact with me? She is eventually transferred again and gone.

Fast forward probably 3 years later and to just recently. A different friend of mine is telling me he stopped to get a beer somewhere nearby, ran into an attractive girl telling him all about how she is so forlorn and unlucky in love. "Oh yeah she said she use to work across the hallway from you" 🤨

Fast forward to last week, my coworker said she stopped at our office (one of the days I'm not there) "to say hi". 🤨🤨

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
A few monologues of completely self absorbed drivel will send any woman's romantic initiative running for the hills in the high desert. You know that I know, I wouldn't lie.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Reminds me of this female "friend of a friend".

He told me she was having trouble with her love life and said she'd date basically anyone. I figured he was probably exaggerating or there was something he was leaving out of the story. I wasn't on the market, so I didn't pay a whole lotta mind to it.

Fast forward a year or so later, my friend is telling me essentially this same story again but added that she was transferred for work and she now works right across the hallway from me. He points out who she is and it turns out she's very attractive.

I'd be working in my office and feel like there's eyes on me. I look over and shes STARING at me. Doesnt break her stare even when I see her. So I smile and wave and go back to my work. Still feel like there's eyes on me so i look over and shes still staring.

This goes on for days and then WEEKS. Hours a day. And sometimes I'd be out of the office and I'd kinda snoop around the corner to see if she still looking into the office and yep, even when I'm not there or someone else is there, she's still staring into the office like she's invisible.

I still wasn't available and also, obviously felt like *something* was wrong but I was at least sympathetic to whatever she must be going through. I've had a number of incel male friends and it was mostly nothing entirely of their own doing and it was quite miserable, so I figured I'd at least give her a chance to vent.

Eventually she was out in the corridor at the same time as me, so I stopped to make small talk. She acted really off, i can't quite describe it. It was like, stiff without necessarily coming off as either nervous or distant either. It was all like a one word answer, fake smile like an alien inside trying to control a human body, etc. So the conversation was really brief, very awkward and I moved on.

Told myself well whatever possible romantic interest she might have had must be squashed so at least we accomplished that.

She gets back full lunch, same day and GOES BACK TO STARING INTO MY WINDOW THE VERY SAME DAY.

This goes on a few more weeks, I figure maybe first time we spoke she was nervous or socially awkward or whatever, so i talked to her a second time and she acts exactly the same again. At that point I just accept all she wants to do is stare through the window but not actually interact with me? She is eventually transferred again and gone.

Fast forward probably 3 years later and to just recently. A different friend of mine is telling me he stopped to get a beer somewhere nearby, ran into an attractive girl telling him all about how she is so forlorn and unlucky in love. "Oh yeah she said she use to work across the hallway from you" 🤨

Fast forward to last week, my coworker said she stopped at our office (one of the days I'm not there) "to say hi". 🤨🤨
If this was reddit, this story would just have a sea of "I can change her" replies