Some music I whipped up this year

• Thread starter TasmanSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
So I finally pulled my finger out and released some new tunes this year (first time in 11 years!)

Ambivalence, Pt. 3 in Ambivalence EP (soundcloud.com)

It's all fairly cruisy instrumental stuff, I focused more on mood this time rather than technical riffs. Track 1 is pretty long so if you want the meat and potatoes I recommend track 3.

For those who want the technical details: Mixed in Presonus Studio One. Guitars are Neural DSP Fortin NTS for the rhythms and Plini for everything else. Bass is Loki bass DI's into Parallax. Drums are Superior Drummer 3. Synths are whatever I had on hand in the DAW.

Attachments

• a2259224413_10.jpg
    a2259224413_10.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
lovely stuff man!

loved the progression in pt.1 into the heavier part around 2:35 (great tone too). pt.2 has some great riffage (loved the "chorus"/end riff) and same goes for pt.3

out of curiosity; how is your writting process for this kind of stuff? write it all down first in something like Guitar Pro or just begin straight away in your DAW?

Curious to know since I write down my stuff before recording, but most of my songs have a "pop" oriented structure and it's hard for me to go for a more prog vibe

TasmanSam

Reaction score
lovely stuff man!

loved the progression in pt.1 into the heavier part around 2:35 (great tone too). pt.2 has some great riffage (loved the "chorus"/end riff) and same goes for pt.3

out of curiosity; how is your writting process for this kind of stuff? write it all down first in something like Guitar Pro or just begin straight away in your DAW?

Curious to know since I write down my stuff before recording, but most of my songs have a "pop" oriented structure and it's hard for me to go for a more prog vibe
Thank you for the kind words! :)

I used to be a guitar pro fiend and wrote everything down. These days I just track the riffs straight into my DAW and build the songs from there. I also have a Onenote where I jot down ideas that I think of while trying to sleep (like structure changes etc).

jaxadam

Reaction score
What little bit I was able to listen to on my phone sounded pretty good man. I will try to give this a go tomorrow on a more proper setup.

Latest posts