Some shitbag hit-and-run my dad's car... In our driveway.

• Thread starter JeffFromMtl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
So, my dad's in the car business and strongly believes that the recipe for success in that field is customer satisfaction. Now, he's really good at what he does. For example, he'll pick up a customer's car to bring it into the shop for them if they need maintenance. This is what he did last night. He went to pick up a customer's car and brought it home so that he could take it into the garage in the morning.

When he went out to the car to leave this morning, he came back in cussing up a storm. It turns out some doucher thought it'd be cool to do some drifting around the corner in the fresh snow. The treadmarks started around the corner, went up into my driveway and back across to the other side of street, where the idiot appeared to have run into the curb. They obviously got the fuck out of there and left no info. The rear bumper got shredded and one of the tail lights is completely smashed. The rest of the rear end of the car is in terrible shape too.

I've had my car hit-and-run in parking lots twice, both times nobody left a note or anything. And now some douchebag hits a customer's car that my dad is responsible for IN OUR FUCKING DRIVEWAY and just leaves? Now there's going to be about $3,000 in repairs and parts for this brand new car, and it looks like it's going to have to come out of my dad's pocket because he was trying to do something nice for someone, just to have some piece of shit who was too inconsiderate to leave a phone number or any insurance info fuck it all up. What the fuck is wrong with people? :noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, people blow sometimes. I had a new Frontier back in the day, and parked far away in the parking lot of every location I went to. Some ass back hit my truck and fled the scene. I was so pissed.

I'm sorry for you guys, that sucks.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That sucks man. The dude's a tool for drifting, as well as leaving the info. Yeah it's fun, but you don't do it when you can hit something.

I wonder what the owner will say :(

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Shit dude. This stuff just makes me want to live in the mountains, as far away from people as possible :noplease:

People = dickheads

SevenStringSam

Beware the glube!
Reaction score
its just sad. i mean no one wants to take the blame. but sometimes you just have to. if i could help man i would pay for some of the damage to help your dad out but im 15 and dont have a well paying job haha

Vstro

Reaction score
Seems like it always happens to the person who's bending over backwards for someone else.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I was just saying this in a thread the other day, wtf is up with drifting? Driving fast I can understand the appeal of, but this whole drifting thing in the US is out of hand. Too many kids watching Tokyo Drift.

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
My car was in a hit and run in the carpark at work a few months ago. Turns out it was some doucher in a fuckin truck coming into the carpark to turn around. Didn't even have any decent reason to be in the carpark to begin with. Gutless turds.

I hope you somehow get this sorted without your father getting financially buttfucked.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just saying this in a thread the other day, wtf is up with drifting? Driving fast I can understand the appeal of, but this whole drifting thing in the US is out of hand. Too many kids watching Tokyo Drift.
I think they just don't seem to realise that not every car is capable of drifting :lol:

And I'm sorry to hear about your car! Definitly get the police involved in this.

pink freud

Reaction score
That sucks, but why would your dad be paying 3k out of pocket? Is the car not insured?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Fucking hate boy racers. At least I know I'm a shit driver, I don't pretend to be 'gangsta'.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno about canada, but in Michigan, auto insurance is "no fault". This means that it doesn't matter if you hit someone as you aren't at fault. This way the victims insurance covers the cost.

So in the OP, that would mean that the owners insurance provider would foot the bill minus deductible...

Hope everything works out man! My father does the same thing with his customers cars (though mainly for diagnostic purposes).

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
That sucks, but why would your dad be paying 3k out of pocket? Is the car not insured?

Yeah, I just spoke to my dad about it again today. They do have insurance and luckily, unlike my insurance plan, they have two-way coverage. So my dad isn't going to have to pay anything out. It's just a good thing that the customers were very understanding about the whole thing.

Demiurge

Reaction score
i dunno about canada, but in Michigan, auto insurance is "no fault". This means that it doesn't matter if you hit someone as you aren't at fault. This way the victims insurance covers the cost.

To clarify, typically "no fault" pertains to the application of medical benefits. For instance, if you get in a car wreck with somebody who may be at fault, your own carrier will pay your medical bills while the liability gets sussed-out- that's so you can take care of yourself and not have to deal with the other guy's carrier denying you or pushing-back payments if they're still investigating if your ass is in traction. Obviously, if you have collision coverage on your vehicle, your own insurance will take care of it, no matter who's at fault. Your insurance can always go after the bastards responsible if they're found out.

Anyway, to the OP- make sure your dad reports this to the police. There have been times where parked cars have been hit by unknowns, and the dumbass who hits said vehicle reports to the police that they were hit (always good to have a police report). The cops see a report of red car getting hit with blue paint transfer on the door and another report of a blue car with red paint transfer on the bumper and put two-and-two together. It seems improbable, but fuck it- 1 out of 100 times if it works, it's worth it.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
To clarify, typically "no fault" pertains to the application of medical benefits. For instance, if you get in a car wreck with somebody who may be at fault, your own carrier will pay your medical bills while the liability gets sussed-out- that's so you can take care of yourself and not have to deal with the other guy's carrier denying you or pushing-back payments if they're still investigating if your ass is in traction. Obviously, if you have collision coverage on your vehicle, your own insurance will take care of it, no matter who's at fault. Your insurance can always go after the bastards responsible if they're found out.

Anyway, to the OP- make sure your dad reports this to the police. There have been times where parked cars have been hit by unknowns, and the dumbass who hits said vehicle reports to the police that they were hit (always good to have a police report). The cops see a report of red car getting hit with blue paint transfer on the door and another report of a blue car with red paint transfer on the bumper and put two-and-two together. It seems improbable, but fuck it- 1 out of 100 times if it works, it's worth it.

Yeah, the first thing he did was call the cops, just to explain the situatation. There haven't been any new developments on it, but it's always a good idea to report it just in case.