Someone hacked Rockstar and is leaking GTA6 alpha gameplay + 5/6 source code

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lost_horizon

Reaction score

It's been confirmed that it's real + Take Two is taking action against people posting videos.

Apparently there hasn't been a leak this huge since Half Life 2's development in 2002/2003.
Imagine the GTA6 ad budget with Kotaku ....

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
So… it’s an open world game where you can drive vehicles and shoot at people and things.

After being a GTA fan for so long, I’m having second thoughts. They’ve really spoiled it for me.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I thought for sure this was just someone using GTAV mods when I saw a video pop up this weekend. I can’t wait to get home to poke around. I’m semi-ashamed to admit I have over 250 actual days of play time in GTAV. I’ll probably take a week off from work when VI comes out.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday! I get they don't want development stuff seen but it's only going to help them build hype... It's been almost ten years since V came out!

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'd be willing to throw out a take that mostly bad things happen when the general public sees parts of the development process laid bare without context before something is released. It throws a wrench in expectations, spoils certain details, fuels armchair "experts", etc. There's ways to build hype without doing a bunch of damage along the way, let alone having to deal with having your assets taken for ransom. This certainly doesn't look like one of those "oops - air quotes - leaks" you see all the time now. It's certainly interesting to look at - my first reaction was "oh, they're using imgui as a debug menu, that's interesting". But I'm of the opinion that this kind of look behind the curtains shouldn't happen until after a product has been released and properly received.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I understand this is bad for R*, buy I think that by the time this game is released (2023/24... 25+?) all of this will be forgotten.

And this being a GTA game it will sell millions and millions and millions and get raving reviews no matter what.

Last edited:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think VI would really have to suck (hard) for this to be damaging to them. Even if it does suck, even a little, they're going to make a fuck ton of money initially.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
all of this will be forgotten.
By most people, probably. But not by R*, and probably not by a select few random loud internet people, but you're probably mostly right. Can't never underestimate the gamer crowd. There will be a small handful of youtube videos digging through the release going "hey man, they chaged everything since the leak, what's going on, they lied to us, this isn't what I was expecting" and them maybe ramble on about games going woke or something, and meanwhile the game will still sell gangbusters since it'll appeal widely to the vast majority of people who really don't care.