Something for everybody: Eight metal genres in one song

• Thread starter Naren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
This idea got started at our gig last week where the promoter was playing a mix CD of deathcore and metalcore songs by tons of different bands that all pretty much followed the same formula (melodeath-esque riffs in the verses with hardcore style vocals, then a slow breakdown with low growls, then an upbeat chorus with one person singing clean while another did death growls or hardcore vocals). So my drummer and I were joking about it and I got the idea to just take a bunch of different metal genres and make a song out of it. But since I planned to use the tunings, atmosphere, lyrics, and stereotypical aspects of each respective genre, I realized that it could never be a coherent song, but I think it's amusing. :lol:

Genres are:
1. Melodic Death Metal
2. Alternative Metal
3. Deathcore/Metalcore
4. Black Metal
5. Thrash Metal
6. Grindcore
7. Power Metal
8. Doom Metal

I originally intended also on doing technical death metal, folk metal, groove metal, and progressive metal, but I thought the song was getting too long and just left it at 8 genres and 4 minutes in length.

This song was recorded with my Axe-FX Ultra, my Ibanez RG1527, my Ibanez RG7EXFX2, my Schecter Damien Elite 8 string, my Gibson Les Paul Studio, and my Ibanez SR305. Didn't use the RG8527z on this one. :shrug:

If you want to know the lyrics, they are in the YouTube details/description.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
lol @ Power Metal section. Sounds pretty good man, each part does sound like its respective genre.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The power metal part is way overkill. Like 9 or 10 separate tracks in that section. There's a violin too, but it's hard to hear. :lol:

I forgot you're secretly mikael akerfeltd.

I'm actually Mikael's younger brother Erik.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
The melodic death and thrash sections were cool. I got a little King Diamond feel from the power metal section.

Thanks for not including anything that resembles dubstep in any fashion. :yesway:

Don Vito

Reaction score
Power Metal is becoming a little stale as of late.

The industry could learn a few things from you guys.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Grindcore part was way too long to make a convincing Grindcore song. :lol:

:lol: I originally was going to do it at 270bpm and only have it be 15 seconds long, but I kept coming up with crazy goregrind/grindcore stereotypical lyrics. :lol:

Hahahahaha same :lol:.
It was so unexpected.

:lol: That's why power metal had to be right after grindcore. To make it even MORE unexpected. :lol:

Reaction score
it be even cooler if you did 8 completly different genres in one song ;)

hehehhe

but seriously nice job :hbang::hbang:

the metalcore/deathcore transistion to black metal was fucking hilarious.

Its like metalcore then BAM! SATANNNNNNNNN BALCKCKCKCKCKC

hahha