Songs/bands in D standard tuning

• Thread starter Michael
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dimmu's latest (DCA was standard E + occasional 7-string)
Cradle of Filth
Candlemass (new)
Motley Crue
My band! (well, ADGCFAD ;))
Red Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Check out Lamb of God, the latest two Nightwish, some Dream Theater, Symphony X.... There are plenty..

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Lamb of God are drop D, not D standard. hate to be a tuning Nazi, but if you're wanting to play along it's not quite the same

as for the pantera songs - most of Reinventing The Steel is in D standard, but off the top of my head some songs are - A New Level, Walk (although most tabs will display it as Drop D, it's not!) Primal Concrete Sledge, 5 minutes alone, im broken, throws of rejection,

Then on Great Souther Trendkill he started tuning down to Db, but i'm pretty sure there are SOME songs in D standard on there, just cant remember which off the top of my head

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i was just gonna say All That Remains. This Darkened Heart album and The Fall Of Ideals. every song is heavy hitting, hard as fuck to play and in Dstandard

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Sanctity yet! :metal: Beneath the Machine and Beloved Killer are awesome songs, as are Zeppo and Seconds, Billy Seals, hell anything off of Road to Bloodshed is phenomenal!

Joel

Reaction score
Death
Necrophagist
Decrepit Birth
Deeds Of Flesh
Decapitated
The Black Dahlia Murder (Some)
Control Denied (Chuck Schuldiner's Other Band!!!)
Odious Mortem
Prostitute Disfigurement (Newer)
Vital Remains (Some)