Songs in drop G?

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Molotov Solution is in drop G. Pretty straightforward, easy to play deathcore. If you like deathgrind, Mortician is in G standard, but could be played in drop G. Their stuff is just simple power chord progressions and tremolo picking. Nothing technical whatsoever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JRL

Reaction score
Pre-Masstaden stuff by Vildhjarta is in drop G, with a few exceptions.

Edit: Just realized how old this thread is, poop.. Sorry.

Tyler

Reaction score
I know its not that easy, but the newest Born of Osiris. Some songs are easier than others

Bobro

Reaction score
Is "drop G" like, the lowest string dropped a m7 below the A string and standard Spanish tuning the rest of the way up, or does it entail dropping everything else by some amount as well?

NickLAudio

Reaction score
Is "drop G" like, the lowest string dropped a m7 below the A string and standard Spanish tuning the rest of the way up, or does it entail dropping everything else by some amount as well?

-7er G-D-G-C-F-A-D
-6er G-D-G-C-E-A

Bobro

Reaction score
Within The Ruins album Invade all their songs are in Drop G#,

Gotta check that out, thanks. My guitar is tuned Db Ab Db Gb Cb Fb, so, from Db up a perfect fifth then up pure fourths the rest of the way. So the whole shebang is dropped about a minor third from standard tunging and yes it Djents, though I will need a more virile combo and pickups to really take advantage of that. My entire tuning, 17 tones to the octave, is based on Just Intonation (intervals derived from natural harmonics) from Ab at 416 Hz.