Sorry, jackass (Elon Musk content)

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
X, formerly known as Twitter, had argued the center’s researchers violated the site’s terms of service by improperly compiling public tweets, and that its subsequent reports on the rise of hate speech cost X millions of dollars when advertisers fled.

...For one, how does one improperly compile tweets?

For two, you don't need a fucking nonprofit to convince advertisers that Twitter has become a safe haven for bigots coddled by the muskmelon himself. Just spend 10 minutes looking for blue checkmarks and you'll never wanna step foot back in that place.

Thank god. It was obviously a petulant tantrum thrown by a man-child desperately trying to be cool, but I’m glad the courts didn’t entertain the suit.
It was obvious this was gonna go nowhere, which makes me happy to see Elon burn even more money on such a pointless endeavor

EDIT: lmao THEYRE GOING TO APPEAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Appealing? Sheesh. It’s obvious he just wants to try to outspend them in court. Hopefully the appeals judge rules the same. Courts scare me these days. If you can rape a girl behind a dumpster and get off with a slap on the wrist because “20 minutes” shouldn’t ruin the rest of your life, then I’m not sure I can trust any judges anymore.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Appealing? Sheesh. It’s obvious he just wants to try to outspend them in court. Hopefully the appeals judge rules the same. Courts scare me these days. If you can rape a girl behind a dumpster and get off with a slap on the wrist because “20 minutes” shouldn’t ruin the rest of your life, then I’m not sure I can trust any judges anymore.
True.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Your time for skepticism of judges should have come way before that.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Elon has legit gone out of his way to say cis is a slur while also weakening moderation against actual slurs and bigotry so I'm not shocked if that's real.

also lol at anyone that thought Elon would be a true free speech absolutist
Who would ever imagine the white South African who grew up under Apartheid as the heir to an emerald mine wouldn't be in favour of free speech?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Who would ever imagine the white South African who grew up under Apartheid as the heir to an emerald mine wouldn't be in favour of free speech?
I know it's a rhetorical question but so many right wing idiots fall for it because... well they're the exact same. :lol: They don't actually believe in absolute free speech, just the freedom to call black people the N word and etc.
Lol Elon Musk is a fucking cissy who's transphobic cuz his trans kid disowned him cuz he's a piece of shit
Don't forget his ex ditching him for a trans woman.

massive disowned divorced dad energy

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
They don't actually believe in absolute free speech, just the freedom to call black people the N word and etc.
I think a lot of well meaning people get caught up in bad-faith rhetoric about free speech because, well, that's kind of the point of the rhetoric.

I've got a family member or two who get all riled up about being "forced to participate" in ideas they don't agree with, and how it's "censorship" when someone tries to explain to them what's going on, and when they get push back, they just come back with "I just want to be left alone". Well.... okay? Then also leave other people alone? Free speech doesn't mean nobody is allowed to disagree with you.

The logic is so self-reinforcing that I have no idea how to de-program someone from this stuff. My brother in particular is kinda lacking in media literacy and keeps taking random rumors as legitimate news.