Soundwave 2010

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Ok, here's one for all you fellow Aussies. Holy balls. Looks promising.

SW10-ANNOUNCEMENT-090813.jpg

...discuss :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
Whitechapel and meshuggah look so out of place..dosnt seem like a concert they would play considering all the other bands.:scratch:

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
That's pretty much the purpose of soundwave though. Numerous stages covering a bunch of different musical styles. You guys are so used to having genre-specific shows. Aussie metalheads will be happy enough with what they're getting.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
:lol: @ aquabats.

My first reaction to that flyer was: "You're tapping 2 broken-up/reunited for touring bands for your headliners? Really?" I love me some JA and some FNM, but from my first-hand experience of JA live recently, and seeing some video of FNM's recent reunion outings, neither one are up to their own standard.

I'd skip it based solely on the lineup, but if I lived there I might consider going for the social aspect(s).

tbird11

Reaction score
Yeah I'd only go to see meshuggah, faith no more, isis and whitechapel. But down here in Oz you have to take what you can get when it comes to gigs i guess so I'll probably go.:hbang: I'm pretty excited to see the shugg's again actually now I think about it. Anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
There are some really great bands at this, and some really, really, really, really, really terrible ones. :ugh: I mean any show that can put HIM dead in the middle of the awesome/suck scale has some friggen' extremes going on. :rofl:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I woke up to my firend messaging me these details. Faith No More AND Jane's Addiction headlining. That was more than enough for me. :hbang:

Then Meshuggah, Isis and even Anvil and Maximum the Hormone are also on the bill. Definitely going to be fun. :metal:

Hell I'll even go see HIM, AFI, and Trivium to truly get my festival money's worth.

TravTrav

Reaction score
yeah this is awesome!

i remember getting the email this morning and thinking FUCK YEAH!

so i'm most definately going to brisbane this year, and my girlfriend (i used to) lives 2 hourses down from RNA so it's totally awesome

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's pretty much the purpose of soundwave though. Numerous stages covering a bunch of different musical styles. You guys are so used to having genre-specific shows. Aussie metalheads will be happy enough with what they're getting.

There seems to be a distinct lack of metal even compared to previous Soundwave lineups, though. I mean, they could generally run a whole metal stage before. This year... not so much:lol:

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
ISIS?! FUCKING ISIS!

Sure, the rest of the lineup's lovely, but I'd be in for Isis alone. Meshuggah played a one hour set at their gig in Melbourne last year, which sounds closer to being a festival set anyway. Even though it looks like there's technically less metal than the last two years, I'd say it's quality over quantity.