Sperzel Trim-Lok VS Sound-Lok Tuning Machines

GreenTheLight

Reaction score
Okay looking at the website it looks like both of these tuners (Sperzel Trim-Lok VS Sound-Lok) do pretty much the same thing, any suggestions on which one i should get for a custom 8 string with a hipshot bridge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Trim-Loks have the thumbwheel and Sound-Locks dont. So there is not pin that comes up through the post and locks the string on the Sound-Lock. They dont do the same thing. Ive found that you dont need locking tuners anyway. You can use almost any tuner and Lock your string with itself (I havent tried on those Strat style tuners with slots on the top). Just pull your string through the hole, pull it almost tight. Wrap the excess around the post and under the string so that when you tune up the part that wraps around the post wraps over it. Pretty easy. Ive got my regular old Gotohs on my S520 (01 model) done up that way.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Sound Lock tuners use friction instead of a locking pin to lock the string in place. Neat idea.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Although I have no suggestions on the tuners, I'll comment that you might want to post this in a different forum than the member introductions. That way, you'll reach a better audience than the welcome wagon.

Cheers!