Sport supplements

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
So a person at school today called me a "fucking idiot" for using whey protein and said that "all it does it make you fat." He swears by Gaspari Myofusion and says that protein blends and way (whey :lol: ) better. Does his statement hold any truth?

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
So a person at school today called me a "fucking idiot" for using whey protein and said that "all it does it make you fat." He swears by Gaspari Myofusion and says that protein blends and way (whey :lol: ) better. Does his statement hold any truth?

Lol no.

We're in high school bro, and every kid who signs up for weight training thinks he's hot shit and knows the truth about supplements and nutrition. Most of them think that the most expensive shit = the best, and wear shin-high Nike socks.
:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with whey. Lift and use it, and let's see how he stacks up compared to you after a month or two. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score

well...nothing wrong with whey protein, or isolate, or anything...however, with protein blends, you have to be careful and read if they have soy protein.

its not THAT common, but some brands do offer whey mixed with casien, mixed with isolate, mixed with soy protein.

whats wrong with soy? its a 50/50 where some say it helps with estrogen in your body, which leads to more stored fat, which leads to man-boobs. others say that that isn't true. i say 'fuck it, i'm not taking the risk'.

but for the most part, he is wrong (your buddy). also, tell him that gaspari is one of the higher calorie protein out there. when ON 100% whey and dymatize iso-100 offer 200-220 calories for 50 grams of protein, gaspari offers 300-330 calories for the same amount of protein. as such, higher calories help you put on weight as well....

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
164751_1542957490585_1134402513_31198122_2451924_n.jpg

Could I get a brand name on this stuff? I'd like to pick some up judging from that!

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I've had great results switching to ON 100% whey isolate. It also tastes really good and mixes well.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Just had a lot of protein and were easy to get a hold of. I'll try and find an affordable nutrition place around here. Thanks :yesway:

Additionally, I've had some friends who were using this, any comments?

image_25921_450_white.jpg

To my knowledge, ON tends to make some pretty decent stuff.

Trying to mix this is like trying to mix cement.

I bought it once, then returned it (I'm an ectomporh and I have trouble gaining weight, so I've tried tons of gainers).

I also tried on of the other two you've posted (the blue one). The best gainer I've ever used was Real Mass by Gaspari. Very consistent, unlike Real Mass by BSN which is hit or miss every time as far as quality is concerned.

Check out Allstar Health if you're looking into gainers or even protein powders. Ridiculously low prices and a flat rate, cheap shipping as well.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score

what a fucking doucher :lol:

also: who else trains barefoot :hbang:

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Trying to mix this is like trying to mix cement.

I bought it once, then returned it (I'm an ectomporh and I have trouble gaining weight, so I've tried tons of gainers).

I also tried on of the other two you've posted (the blue one). The best gainer I've ever used was Real Mass by Gaspari. Very consistent, unlike Real Mass by BSN which is hit or miss every time as far as quality is concerned.

Check out Allstar Health if you're looking into gainers or even protein powders. Ridiculously low prices and a flat rate, cheap shipping as well.

lol, what is real mass? You mean True Mass? That shit is awful for you. And I thought nothing worked for you anyway? If nothing worked then why are you now touting what works and what doesn't?

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
lol, what is real mass? You mean True Mass? That shit is awful for you. And I thought nothing worked for you anyway? If nothing worked then why are you now touting what works and what doesn't?

I think he was just trying to share some helpful advice, as it might work for someone else.

Regardless, I think I'm just going to stick with the ON more consistently.
A bit off-topic, but what rep count per set should I be going for if my objective is strength and mass?
I've heard 4-8, but one of my good friends with bb experience is telling me 3x12 sets.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I think he was just trying to share some helpful advice, as it might work for someone else.

Regardless, I think I'm just going to stick with the ON more consistently.
A bit off-topic, but what rep count per set should I be going for if my objective is strength and mass?
I've heard 4-8, but one of my good friends with bb experience is telling me 3x12 sets.

id stick in the 6-8 range rep with 4 sets

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yeah I'd definitely stay 8 or below. I've actually had really good results and beaten my stubborn chest since changing to 4-6 from 6-8.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score

You seem to be an angry guy.

I never said that "nothing" works. In fact, all I've stated is that (in a thread completely unrelated to this one, in fact, so I don't know why it was brought up here) I have a very, very hard time gaining weight. I am sharing my experience with gainers.

And no, I mean Real Mass, Gaspari:

product_realmass.jpg

This is True Mass, by BSN:

1167838208559614903.jpg

Yeah I'd definitely stay 8 or below. I've actually had really good results and beaten my stubborn chest since changing to 4-6 from 6-8.

I've seen the most gains in strength doing 6-8 reps as well. I don't know why, I just seem to get more out of the set.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I should've written that the other way round - it does kinda read as me prefering 6-8 if not concentrating haha!
4-6 is definitely better for me on the heavier exercises.

But yes everyone will vary!
I prefer higher reps light weight on exercises such as lateral raises, cable flyes, leg extensions etc where you can really focus on form and get a great contraction.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
You seem to be an angry guy.

I never said that "nothing" works. In fact, all I've stated is that (in a thread completely unrelated to this one, in fact, so I don't know why it was brought up here) I have a very, very hard time gaining weight. I am sharing my experience with gainers.

That's EXACTLY why I brought it up here. For those that didn't read all the ignorant things you wrote in the other thread (as well as the others that I haven't even gotten to yet.)

You're a self-admitted "hard-gainer" who can't make any gains no matter what you eat- so explain to us why anyone should listen to your advice when it comes to making gains?