springs of floyd rose style tremolo don´t stay in sustain block

• Thread starter shnizzle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
one of my guitars has a floyd rose special. since that one gives me quite some trouble i switched it for a schaller. but i put the sustain block of the floyd onto the schaller, since the schaller one is too long. i also kept the floyd springs.
problem is the springs don´t stay fixed in the sustain block now. while installing they kept popping out. somehow i still managed to get it installed. but now when i use the tremolo there´s this scratchy noise and feel from the springs slipping in and out of the block. the only thing keeping them in is the back cover. how can i fix this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like the block is either too short or long or the bridge is at the wrong angle. That or the block install is wonky.

Without pics or measurements or anything, I'd say your options are either look for a block the proper size or screw a bar across the block like Ibanez does with the Edge bridges.

Though, I can't rule out a setup issue.

In situations like this, the more information provided the better the help anyone can provide.

Omzig

Reaction score
At a guess id say you have the block in backwards, the spring retention holes are drilled at an angle to stop the arm section popping out, just the issue you have so just try turning the block around

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
At a guess id say you have the block in backwards, the spring retention holes are drilled at an angle to stop the arm section popping out, just the issue you have so just try turning the block around

yes, thank you. that was it.