Squier Stagemaster 7 questions.

• Thread starter pawiffuwee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
This is kind of a two-part post.
I'm getting a Stagemaster 7, and I have a few questions.
First: what wood is the body?
Second: based on first question, what pickups (passive or active, no matter) would you recommend?
Third: How exactly do I block a floyd rose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
bump
if anybody could help, that would be awesome!
I've really been needing a new guitar and I just want to know what I'm getting with this, and any tips from fellow Stagemaster 7 owners would be awesome!

kn1feparty

Guitarded
Reaction score
Looks like it's an alder body. It's got passives in it stock, so I'd probably toss a Crunchlab/Liquifire combo in it. As far as the trem goes, a Tremol-No should do the trick. Of course, you could always just stick a piece of wood under it.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I second the crunchlab/liquifire combo. They arent the beefiest guitars so the pups help make it sound a bit bigger. Had one a while back and they are a good starter 7.

Also a tremel-no will help with the tuning and blocking and all that jazz.

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
I second the crunchlab/liquifire combo. They arent the beefiest guitars so the pups help make it sound a bit bigger. Had one a while back and they are a good starter 7.

Also a tremel-no will help with the tuning and blocking and all that jazz.

I've considered getting these quite a bit. Would you have any other ideas as to what would go good in alder?
Also how much does a Tremel-No run, anyways? I can't access quite a few sites, seeing as how I'm on at school.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
There are different models but seems like $50 is a good average price.

I think Dimarzio D activators might sound good in an alder body as well. You could always get EMGs or Blackouts too.

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
There are different models but seems like $50 is a good average price.

I think Dimarzio D activators might sound good in an alder body as well. You could always get EMGs or Blackouts too.

Honestly, I don't really like active pickups, but I might just go for them this time around.
The only problem I'd really have is picking out what pup I'd need for the style of music I play.