SS Love and Relationships Thread

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
STORY TIME!!!

After my ex and I broke up I had to go to her place to pick some stuff up. Naturally we started having sex. After a little bit she starts crying. That was something I really REALLY didnt feel like dealing with, and since I wasnt dating her anymore, I decided to just put my pants on and leave.

Exact transcript.
[sees crying]
Me: "Oh... uuhhhh.... welp."
[puts pants on and leaves]

Moral of the story: dont bang your ex.
:eek: Did you at least call later on:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
so that i was really digging really is a lesbian. i kinda feel bad for her as she tried dating a few guys just to appease her family only to realize her family was fine with her being a lesbian from the very beginning.

still a cool girl, and we get along great. but oh well.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Been losing some weight recently... I've dropped a good bit thus far. It's amazing how differently women in general respond to me now. Looks don't matter at all, fellas... :rolleyes:

@Joe - The only time I've EVER stopped was when I thought I heard my car alarm going off. It really made the chick mad. But umm... The sex was free. Whatever they might take out of my car was NOT...

Mexi

Reaction score
Been losing some weight recently... I've dropped a good bit thus far. It's amazing how differently women in general respond to me now. Looks don't matter at all, fellas... :rolleyes:

The difference is staggering. I've lost about 70 lbs in the past 1 1/2 years, and before women wouldn't bat an eye to me. now I'm getting eye-fucked by womens' lingering stares more than I can remember. That said, I think a big part of it is the confidence we project when we've worked hard at something (in this case, losing weight) and feeling that the positive reaction from women reinforces that we're on the right track.

For me, being overweight killed my confidence-self esteem with regards to women up until recently, so I'm navigating uncharted territory. The plus side is that without feeling like I have the burden of being overweight holding me back anymore, I can actually be more myself and at ease around women (which they instantly recognize) It takes time to settle into your groove but once you're in it, you just feel that much better about getting out there and doing your thing.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I don't know about A&M girls per se, but be about 10x more chivalrous than you would normally think is too much. You basically have to out-gentleman everyone down here. Be respectful, hide any aversion to country music you may have, don't correct our grammar, and for the love of god don't be caught drinking anything but Shiner.

In general for College Station, avoid guys in the Corps. They are generally not fun people to be around. Also, the campus police have jurisdiction in every county in Texas, as well as a few in Oklahoma, Louisiana, and New Mexico. They will chase you.

Other than that, welcome to The Lone Star Republic. Enjoy your stay and try not to be shot.

Ohhh, man. I went to Texas A&M for undergrad, so here's what I've found: Everything mentioned above is spot on (the "chivalry" thing, and it might even help to learnto enjoy country music before going.) However, you should also keep in mind that the only thing to do in CS is go to Northgate and get wasted. So just play up the rowdy-fratboy-honkytonk image and you'll have pseudo-christian cowgirl 6's and 7's all over you in no time.

Y'all are trippin' with no luggage.

You can't out-chivalry a born-and-bred suburban cowboy. It's not possible. They think of nice things to do that aren't even practical. If you run into the captain of the Aggie Icers pep squad, tell her that I didn't actually lose her purity ring. I've still got that shit!

Seriously, though, go to a bar, stand out by saying you're from out of town, and be funny when you can. There's always people leaving to go to parties, and since alcohol is so cheap in CS, there's always people ridiculously drunk and looking to make poor decisions. Sense of humor is everything, IMO. Aggies aren't generally looking to hook up with black hipsters, but make them smile and I'm in, as per usual with anyone, male or female. It'll work for you, too.

Last edited:

flint757

Reaction score
e.jpg

dead-sexy-fat-bastard.jpg

:lol:

spadz93

Reaction score
so, on a complete impulse (and because my parents needed me to drive to her area anyway) i texted the flakey chick asking to hang out, and she took the bait. i hung out with her for like an hour at some crafts store since she needed to get some things. i made her laugh a bunch, and basically just cracked some jokes left and right, which is my normal self.

when we had to part ways, she gave me this whole "i'm really sorry i havent been able to hang out or anything, i've just been really busy" line. i took it in stride and basically i said i was also really busy with playing shows, school, etc. i appreciate her caring enough to apologize for being hard to reach, but an occaisional "hey whats up" text wouldnt have hurt to show that she was actually making an effort to stay in contact (i'd always be the one to text first after a few days of not hearing from her). kinda shitty that i had to catch her off guard and literally ask her to hang out out of the blue in order to actually hang.

idk, what do you guys think? am i overreacting here?

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
so, on a complete impulse (and because my parents needed me to drive to her area anyway) i texted the flakey chick asking to hang out, and she took the bait. i hung out with her for like an hour at some crafts store since she needed to get some things. i made her laugh a bunch, and basically just cracked some jokes left and right, which is my normal self.

when we had to part ways, she gave me this whole "i'm really sorry i havent been able to hang out or anything, i've just been really busy" line. i took it in stride and basically i said i was also really busy with playing shows, school, etc. i appreciate her caring enough to apologize for being hard to reach, but an occaisional "hey whats up" text wouldnt have hurt to show that she was actually making an effort to stay in contact (i'd always be the one to text first after a few days of not hearing from her). kinda shitty that i had to catch her off guard and literally ask her to hang out out of the blue in order to actually hang.

idk, what do you guys think? am i overreacting here?

Maybe. It's possible that she's really just insanely busy. Or she could be a bad texter. I know I am. There's a shit ton of possible answers, but the most practical one for you is the one she gave you. It's oftentimes easier to deal with people when you take them for their word, cynicism and pop psychology be damned.

I know how you feel, though. I've been chasing the girl I'm gonna marry (assuming she says yes, assuming we actually start a relationship, and assuming that she's not playing games) for 18 months now. She's literally too busy, what with her longboarding career, modeling, underground poker playing, etc. I actually didn't believe her until I spent an extended weekend in Austin with her and saw myself how little time she has for long text chats.

Still doesn't make it feel any better, though.

spadz93

Reaction score
Maybe. It's possible that she's really just insanely busy. Or she could be a bad texter. I know I am. There's a shit ton of possible answers, but the most practical one for you is the one she gave you. It's oftentimes easier to deal with people when you take them for their word, cynicism and pop psychology be damned.

I know how you feel, though. I've been chasing the girl I'm gonna marry (assuming she says yes, assuming we actually start a relationship, and assuming that she's not playing games) for 18 months now. She's literally too busy, what with her longboarding career, modeling, underground poker playing, etc. I actually didn't believe her until I spent an extended weekend in Austin with her and saw myself how little time she has for long text chats.

Still doesn't make it feel any better, though.

thanks for restoring some of my hope haha. it just sucks because shes a really cool chick, and i'd really hate to let her get away, but in my head, yeah you can be busy, but it's always possible to make time. i guess i'll just have to roll with the punches and see what life brings my way.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Long time no post in here xD
I just started dating a girl, she lives a while away from me, so it's basically just an internet thing.
I don't want to creep her out, or cling to her to much like I did with my last girlfriend (which was a year and a half ago). I don't know if I am or anything, so I was wondering if I could get some help?
(PS she is also a furry)
:holy: Lox is BACK!:lol:

spadz93

Reaction score
Might as well jump, go head and jump.:lol:
I agree with Rev, she's probably just insanely busy, but even when I am, I do always find time for peoplem so you have a point to...........seriously though don't jump.

lol i'm not jumping. i just have very low expectations about the whole situation. when she initiates it, then that's that. i mean the girl literally came out and told me she thinks i'm cute, but then there's all this.

oh well, winter break will be here soon. i'll see what happens then.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
lol i'm not jumping. i just have very low expectations about the whole situation. when she initiates it, then that's that. i mean the girl literally came out and told me she thinks i'm cute, but then there's all this.

oh well, winter break will be here soon. i'll see what happens then.
I was referencing Van Halen :lol: but she thinks your cute that's a step in the right direction.:yesway:

Mexi

Reaction score
so I figured a week or so was enough time to let the girl I met from OKC settle down with her move. I asked her out on a date next friday, something low-key; some food/drinks and a walk around downtown. She's looking forward to it and so am I:agreed:

flint757

Reaction score
My okcupid profile blew up. :lol: Got 3 people messaging me, one with a number, and tons of visitors. Best of all I did absolutely nothing to engage it. I haven't stalked any profiles, rated people or sent any random messages which is usually what people recommend for these sites.

That coupled with the email I had gotten earlier this morning I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself. :lol:

:cool:

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
Hey lovely people, I have been busy with college and I just had some spare time to post here. Everything is going well, but yesterday happened something funny, I went to a pub with some friends, and at the bar I bought two beers. Minutes later the hot bargirl whistles at me to caught my attention and then, she sent me an "air kiss", and damn, it was a hot redhead, haha.

...well that's what I think it happened. I believe she was sending that kiss to a guy behind me and, in a very awkward manner, I winked her back :lol:

Latest posts