Sso luthiery discord server?

• Thread starter LiveOVErdrive
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in an sso luthiery discord server to chat about our builds on? If there is some interest I'll make it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
I don't have tools to build anything but I'd love to join just to see what you guys post

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
On the other hand I just searched for luthiery discords and found "workshop of sound", which seems to be pretty much what I was hoping to get out of this.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the other hand I just searched for luthiery discords and found "workshop of sound", which seems to be pretty much what I was hoping to get out of this.

Depends. I'm not familiar with it but smaller groups are usually better IMO.

I follow a lot of IG luthier accounts and while there's some great ones, some of the dynamic swing between circle jerk and toxicity. I'm reminded of how often I Google something and get a forum page that's 10 to 1 "shitty, incorrect answer" "insulting" "answering question that wasn't ask or suggesting something that wasn't a choice" vs actual helpful information.

The bigger the group, the more "tag alongs" and the more people competing for attention from the room instead of actually offering anything valuable. I'm more interested in having a core group of people you know have good information and building it out as new people introduce themselves

Lax

Reaction score
Yep, I own the "guitar" discord server and we are partners with the server you talk about, don't hesitate to come, serious servers have moderators and dedicated channels :)

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Depends. I'm not familiar with it but smaller groups are usually better IMO.

I follow a lot of IG luthier accounts and while there's some great ones, some of the dynamic swing between circle jerk and toxicity. I'm reminded of how often I Google something and get a forum page that's 10 to 1 "shitty, incorrect answer" "insulting" "answering question that wasn't ask or suggesting something that wasn't a choice" vs actual helpful information.

The bigger the group, the more "tag alongs" and the more people competing for attention from the room instead of actually offering anything valuable. I'm more interested in having a core group of people you know have good information and building it out as new people introduce themselves
Good take. So you'd be interested in a small sso luthiery server then?

I'm in it for having a place to spam WIP pics and complain about how hard finishing is.