Starting out on a Seven

• Thread starter Jeremy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Reaction score
So first of all, what do I get? I've played them enough to get a good feel for them, now I really want one. I wouldn't call myself a beginner to guitar (obviously or I wouldn't be considering a seven string) but am not overly adequate in knowledge of gear. As far as 6s I love ESP/LTD. Ibanez is a close second, not a fan of Schecters though. As for price range I'd say my max would be $1,200 AUD or so, but I'd go over if need be. Help me out here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
i had a RG7321 and it is a good starter axe, especially if you like to mod them (change pups)

you can get pretty decent RG1527 2nd hand and those are really good

Otherwise i'd hunt for a 2nd hand K7 or a early run universe (i have one and everything is awesome on that beast)

ESP-wise, having never played them i can only suggest the Horizon NT-7 (if you are non-trem guy)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
get what you're comfortable w/... if you like ESP then why not get an ESP 7? sounds simple enough to me. the F-207 is a kind of cool one if you can find one in good condition and the MH-307 is a sexy bitch as well.

for ibbys... RG7x2x :yesway:

Jeremy

Reaction score
Well yeah from comfortability in general an ESP looks good. Friends have suggested the Nez RGA7 or the Schecter C-7. Probably leaning towards the RGA7. Anyone have experience with it?

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
there are a bunch of thread for the RGA7, just look in the sevenstring subforum.

Also, you should be aware than the RGA 1st run suffered from a failure of the bridge screw which popped out of its thread (in the wood) and in the process damaged the wood.

EDIT : honestly for the price of an RGA7 new you could get a 2nd hand RG1527, i'g for that...

Jeremy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm now down to deciding between a used 1527 or a new 7321. Is it worth going the extra cash for the 1527? Or is the 7321 a solid enough guitar?

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
When I decided to move onto a 7 I moved onto a new 1527, a used one would be relatively the same, I wouldn't even consider the 7321 to be honest, even if you go for a used 7620 or 1527, either are much better IMO.