Strandberg* JamTrackCentral Guitar Competition 2015

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
[Please move this thread to the appropriate sub category, if this isn't the place for it. Sorry I didn't know if this belongs under "Live Performance" or "General", so I put it here under "General" for now]

Hello Fellow Forumers :wavey:

I've decided to make a thread for the strandberg* JamTrackCentral Guitar Competition 2015 here. I think there are a few people from this forum in that competition and it would be great to have 1 thread that has all of them so the forum people can vote. Also, there's some really great talent on the site to check out !

If you're a participant, please list your entry below as a reply with the link to your page and the video.

Good luck everyone !

:: My Entry ::

Please vote on this site: https://jamtrackcentral.com/contests/strandberg/entry/116/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Awesome Entries !! :hbang:

TerminalFunction: Thank you !! That was an awesome Compliment !! I truly admire Mattias and his very unconventional / unorthodox styling. Glad that years of listening to Freak Kitchen and Mattias is starting to rub off on me :agreed:

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Awesome Entries !! :hbang:

TerminalFunction: Thank you !! That was an awesome Compliment !! I truly admire Mattias and his very unconventional / unorthodox styling. Glad that years of listening to Freak Kitchen and Mattias is starting to rub off on me :agreed:

Cool! Hehe, I love Freak Kitchen and I've visited the Freak Guitar Camp twice (hey, I went the first year when it was called Freak Guitar Week). Have you been there? Went home with a huge amount of licks and inspiration!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Oh man you're dead lucky !!! That is one of the camps I've always wanted to attend, but my work schedule doesn't permit it. Plus travel expenses !

I did manage to go to my first ever camp, the G4 2015 with Tosin, Guthrie and Satriani among other stalwarts. That was a very good camp. I got to learn the different approaches to music each artist takes and also how they think, in a sense.

But mostly everyone [including most other instructors] were in awe of Guthrie. That man can play anything from Bluegrass to Prog to Shred to Zappa with such ease it makes you shake your head in disbelief.

Here's an example of his insanity:

Guthrie is conducting a class. Midway through the class someone's cell phone rings with a some random tune. Without missing a beat, Guthrie played that same tune on the Guitar NOTE FOR NOTE and went right back into the lesson, like nothing ever happened :eek:. When I tell you the place went dead silent and all you heard was jaws dropping on the floor I am not kidding. Tosin, Javier, Bruce Bouillet, Mike Keneally were all there !! One Take ... hits every note dead on with the correct inflections and slides and vibrato. Absolutely surreal !! BEST. CAMP. EVER. :agreed:

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Haha, I really enjoyed reading that story. :) Guthrie is insane and I really like his subdued playing on Steven Wilson's albums.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Wow Marc In Exile that was an amazing entry as well. I hear a lot of Tommy Emmanuel, Martin Taylor and some Tim Miller/Rosenwinkel kinda sounds in there as well. Man, I wish I could play like that !!! Love me some Joe Pass kinda Jazz ... one man, one guitar ... but dangnabbit you can swear there are 3 people playing ... :bowdown:

Will check out your band [along with the others I've been checking out on this thread and on the competition board there]. There is some phenomenal talent to be uncovered there ! People have sick skills !! :squint:

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Last day to cast your vote guys !! :hbang:

If you like some of the entries you should vote for them. :agreed:

You can vote for multiple people, so you're not just tied down to one entry. You can help the guys from the forum get in some last minute votes :cool:

This will be the last bump for this post as the contest ends tomorrow.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Really means a lot, man! I'll admit that I've slacked on Tommy and Martin, although I certainly know who they are, but I will absolutely take the other three haha!

Thanks again, dude. Glad you dug it so much!

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Very much appreciated, guys! Was definitely stoked to be among the other 2 in the Top 3, and yes, Poh Hok certainly killed it.

Excited to hopefully make it over to Sweden for the festival next year!