StringKing - String Gauge Calculator

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
tBSxBaB.png

Hey all,

A while back I released an alpha version of an Android app to calculate string tension based on your criteria (string type, scale, note, etc..). My ambition is to make it as intuitive as possible, and in time abstract the "science" behind it away as much as possible and use intuitive indicators such as colors to indicate to the (average) user whether a string set will fit his preference or not.

Currently I'm still in the process of gathering user feedback and adding new features, and currently the following is already offered:

• Defining custom linear/multi- scale
  • Support for 6-8 string guitars (electric guitar only for now, other instruments will follow)
  • Full D'Addario electric guitar catalog (not just the ones from the string tension pdf from a few years back, but the whole catalog available on the web)
  • Kalium electric guitar string sets (8 most popular sets for 6-8 string, and complete catalog of their singles)
  • Tension preference selector (Balanced vs Progressive). In the future I hope to add the possibility to define a custom preference based on a preset.
  • Creation of compound string sets (mixing different brands in a string set)

Aside from that, the following features are also still planned to be added before I make the first V1.0 production release:

• Support for more brands (GHS, Stringjoy, etc...)
  • Support for (eletric) bass & acoustic guitar
  • Supporting >8 string guitars
  • Creation & saving custom presets (currently you can have 1 custom preset which is overridden once you select a default one)
The latter will mostly be driven by the feature request from the userbase so I expect it to change a lot more in the future.

An iOS version will also follow once the Android app V1.0 has been released.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have or use the Contact-option inside of the app to get in touch.

HJOD2s9.png