Strings only lasting a couple days at most

• Thread starter Puttness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
Question for those of you who (like me and OP) corrode strings in days:

Do you also get very few cavities in your teeth?

I have a crazy theory that it's both related to a higher pH of sweat/spit.

yes, I'm 49 and just had my first filling, and that was from biting a pepper corn in a meal and a very small crack in the tooth

I always figured it was acidic sweat, but maybe it alkaline . how is that linked to teeth ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
yes, I'm 49 and just had my first filling, and that was from biting a pepper corn in a meal and a very small crack in the tooth

I always figured it was acidic sweat, but maybe it alkaline . how is that linked to teeth ?
I should have clarified. Iirc acid in your mouth hurts your teeth and base... Doesn't? Or makes it better or something. So anyway my theory is that if your spit and sweat is more alkaline, maybe it correlates to faster wearing guitar strings and slower wearing teeth.

This is a maybe quarter-baked hypothesis but it is sorta interesting to imagine.

owlexifry

Reaction score
just reporting back after my big whinge earlier:

tried elixirs for the first time ever.
they're fantastic. they last way longer than prosteels (in terms of not fucking breaking)
im on my second set.
they're 100% worth it.

i'm never using anything else.

ezboarderz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
6 months ago i switched over to d addario nyxl strings and those are the best ive found without going down coated strings. They are a little pricey but the strings last quite a while for me with the added benefit of them only needing 1 stretch before the strings stay perfectly in tune.