Strings

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I took the plunge and ordered a custom set of D'Addarios from JustStrings.com to give it a try. I was trying to hold out until my local shop re-stocked their crappy single strings to try it that way to see how I like it, but I got impatient and decided I wanted to try it properly with good strings anyways. I'm starting with a set for my Strat since it's got a broken string right now anyways and if I like it, I'll be doing the same for the rest of my guitars. Here's what I ordered:

len 25.5"

E .0105" PL == 17.88#
B, .014" PL == 17.84#
G, .018" PL == 18.58#
D, .026" NW == 18.41#
A,, .036" NW == 19.54#
E,, .049" NW == 19.68#
total == 111.91#

I'm used to 10-52s but found the low strings a little too tight as I'm playing more in standard on that guitar than I used to now that I have my Ibanez AX110XL for lower tunings, and I especially hated that the A string was tighter than the E string.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered 6 sets of strings, 2 D'addario optimum tension 9 gauge sets, 2 D'addario optimum tension 10 gauge sets, and 2 SIT strings optimum tension sets. I've never tried SIT strings so this will be something new. I also used the D'addario calculator since I couldn't find any tension information for SIT, so I don't know how well it's going to work out :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks nice, but I would choose .010, not .0105

I was going to originally, but the .0105 matched the tensions a lot better, while a .010 was much lighter.

And I'm more of a rhythm player than lead player anyways. My main concern was making the high notes in my chords sound really solid and warm rather than weak and harsh.