Stripped PRS S2 Singlecut (2015) switch tip

• Thread starter Legion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
So the threads in my 3 way toggle switch tip got stripped on the inside.
I ordered a replacement from the prsaccessories website and it doesn't fit.
This has me pretty mad, because I cannot find anything for S2 guitars, or even SE guitars.
The closest thing I can find is a fuckin full switch for 40 bucks. Makes me wonder if PRS is the Apple Inc. of guitars.

Anyone have any advice on where I can find a replacement 3 way toggle switch tip?
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Just replace the switch with an import switch and tip.

All the s2 and se use Asian electronics. Those will all work.

The prs accessories place only sells USA hardware which isn’t always compatible.

Legion

Reaction score
Just replace the switch with an import switch and tip.

Hah. So the Apple Inc. comparison was fairly on point. Hey if you want to fix the screen, change the logic board!

All the s2 and se use Asian electronics. Those will all work.

I have a few metric M3.5 and M4 switches on the way. They seem to be tailored for asian electronics so hopefully they will work.

The prs accessories place only sells USA hardware which isn’t always compatible.

If only they clarified this shit somewhere.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Grab a couple of thread-checkers/charts, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future. :2c:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Hah. So the Apple Inc. comparison was fairly on point. Hey if you want to fix the screen, change the logic board!

I have a few metric M3.5 and M4 switches on the way. They seem to be tailored for asian electronics so hopefully they will work.

If only they clarified this shit somewhere.

I mean maybe the USA stuff. The Asian stuff is more like apfel

devnull

Reaction score
What exactly are you doing that would cause you to strip those threads anyways? This can’t be a common occurrence in any way.

Don’t be mad at them because you ordered the wrong part. They have pretty amazing customer service, and all it would have taken was an email or even a call to find the part you needed.

Is a $40 switch the overpriced as well? I had to change out the switch in a les paul years ago it I remember it being $25-30.

Legion

Reaction score
What exactly are you doing that would cause you to strip those threads anyways? This can’t be a common occurrence in any way.

Don’t be mad at them because you ordered the wrong part. They have pretty amazing customer service, and all it would have taken was an email or even a call to find the part you needed.

Is a $40 switch the overpriced as well? I had to change out the switch in a les paul years ago it I remember it being $25-30.

Yeah, blame me, attack me for saying a bad thing about your favourite brand. You know you're making the Apple analogy even stronger right? :)
This should be common courtesy/sense/whatever you want to call it, but dude, if you cannot help, please stay out of the conversation. If you know my posting history you know I love this guitar to pieces. In any case, this is the last I will be replying to you.

Grab a couple of thread-checkers/charts, it'll save you a lot of grief in the future. :2c:

Sorry I missed this: useful advice. Taken, thank you.

To everyone else who posted, thanks. Hopefully the M3.5/M4 should work, since I can find only those sizes anywhere...seem to be some kind of industry-wide standard.

Latest posts