Studiospares SN-10s rear inputs?

• Thread starter statics
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm looking at purchasing my first set of monitors.

I'm pretty settled on a set of Studiospares SN-10s. I heard them at Outhouse Studios in Reading, and was impressed.

However, I can't find any information on what connections are available on the back of the speaker. I'm planning on purchasing a Samson Servo 200 power amp (although if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm listening), and I'd like to make my purchase in a job-lot, just to save on shipping. Would anyone be able to advise?

Also any thoughts on these speakers are very welcome.

Cheers!

Tom

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enselmis

Reaction score
I've never even heard of these monitors!

Still, bump cause I'm curious about power amps as well.

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
I've never even heard of these monitors!

They're reproductions (with improvements) of the Yamaha NS-10s which are now out of production, made by a UK company called Studiospares. They're very well regarded over here!

Still no info on the rear inputs, and no email back from Studiospares yet either...

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
If you want a pair of NS-10M style speakers... why not get a second hand pair of NS-10Ms or some HS50s which are pretty close?

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
If you want a pair of NS-10M style speakers... why not get a second hand pair of NS-10Ms or some HS50s which are pretty close?

Mainly because NS-10s go for a silly-inflated price. These are under £100 a pair. Mental!

Also SN-10s correct some of the problems that NS-10s suffered from. (Better bass response, 8inch drivers instead of 6inch, etc)

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
Problem solved.

They have bare wire connections like the NS-10s.
I'll be using two-core mains power cable, with a jack soldered on one end. Deal!

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
You do of course realise that the reason you used NS-10Ms was because they sounded bad right? They brought out all the nasty frequencies and had poor low end. You never used them as a main set for tracking, only for mixing, and never for the whole mix, just so you could get in to the nitty gritty.

Hence "improving them" is kind of pointless...

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
You do of course realise that the reason you used NS-10Ms was because they sounded bad right? They brought out all the nasty frequencies and had poor low end.

I understand the above but I know that a lot of studios use them on their own.

That said I'm not speaking from a great deal of experience here, just from what I've seen and heard. Why do you think they're not suitable as a sole mixing tool?

Thanks!

Latest posts