Suggest me some melodic HC

Rizzo

Reaction score
I've started listening to HC music in the past two years, so i'm quite ignorant about the old school roots of the genre (to which i'm trying to slowly reach up with my listenings).
Regarding most modern HC-waves, i discovered i both like "chaotic" HC, as mathcore and such, ala DEP and Converge, but also "melodic" HC due to my love for post-rockish stuff.

I'd dedicate this thread to the latter.
So could you suggest me something quite melodic, with a nice amount of atmosphere and good lyrics in the vein of BAAO, Touche Amore, Counterparts, Landscapes, More Than Life, Defeater etc.? I hope you get what i'm looking for,thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

død

Reaction score
Heart in Hand is excellent. Pretty mind blowing that Charlie did vocals on Trigger the Bloodshed's first album :lol:

vibrantgermancities

Reaction score
I really enjoy Worthwhile; they've got some great tracks. Elephantis had some good stuff before they split, and It Prevails are always worth a look. Oh, and Napoleon - their guitarist is superb.

Just go to YouTube, search for 'FaithLoveHope Promotions' and check out whatever takes your fancy; they seem to keep track of just about every melodic hc band on the planet.

bioniczero

Reaction score
This stuff is my favourite genre. Check out:

Hundredth
Modern Life Is War
Shai Hulud
Misery Signals
The Carrier
Liferuiner (only Future Revisionists)
Vices
Stick to Your Guns

If you can handle a little more "mosh":

The Ghost Inside
Betrayal
Gideon
For The Fallen Dreams

Rizzo

Reaction score
Thank you guys so far.
Some considerations: i find HiH's vocals a bit too whiny\uncontrolled for my tastes, I already know Napoleon and they're for sure impressive but a bit repetitive. I'll check out the rest of the mentions. Also, i fvcking love Liferuiner's track "1990". Just simple but well arranged and uplifting melodic hc. The rest didn't stick to me as much, but i'll listen further.

campbell01

Reaction score
A few to check out

Climates
Capsize
To The Wind
Ironwill
Adaliah
No Bragging Rights
and as mentioned before IT PREVAILS. Great band.

pow404

Reaction score
Hundredth is definitely the way to go.

Also worth noting

Vices
Perspectives
Hindsight
Endless Heights
Raccoon city police department
Sierra

If you want something to make you re think your life whilst swimming in a pool of tears

Travels.
Hotel books
Pianos become the teeth
Imagery

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I second Misery Signals, and I'd throw in 7 Angels 7 Plagues while you're at it.

Also Ice Hockey, who I guess aren't technically melodic hardcore, but I think there's some crossover on this EP (they're more of a post-hardcore band, I guess, they're hard to describe).

DXL

Reaction score
Thränenkind is mostly black metal but their newer stuff has some melodic hardcore to it

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're wanting, but Darkest Hour is one of my favorites.

Heaven Shall Burn is great too.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Dude, I thought it was pretty unanimously agreed upon that the best Fall of Troy is Doppelganger ...

Either way, I think Fall of Troy is way more metalcore than what OP is looking for. I ....in' love Touche Amore and Defeater though.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Either way, I think Fall of Troy is way more metalcore than what OP is looking for. I ....in' love Touche Amore and Defeater though.
Thanks again folks. Yeah basically i'm not searching for metalcore (if i want the heavy side of -core i know where to look for).

I'm just looking for a more "simple and passionate" approach, that is quite the staple for melodic hardcore. I'm not looking for virtuosisms (not that i would refuse them though), just for well arranged, dynamic and possibly lyric-driven content.
The dynamics, ambience and the lyrics (and albums that tell a story more often than not) are just the reasons i like the bands i mentioned in my opening post.

That being said, i don't like to label stuff so i don't know if that would actually be melodic hc, emo, post-hc or whatever. Just throw good stuff at me. :fawk:
PS I don't like djenty stuff or whatever would be musically monotonous or just stupidly semplified.
Oh, and a little extra: i fvcking love the sound of telecasters in a hc context.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
+1 for Dead Swans I forgot all about how the .... much I like that band. I don't think I've listened to them since someone stole my ipod 3 years ago!