Summer Slaughter 2013!!

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
No it doesn't. I'm not going to defend djent by any means, as I'm aware that it's extremely watered down and cliche anymore. But that song isn't better than all of it.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I am so pissed I missed it last year, tickets sold out the day after I saw that they were available.

Not going to miss it this time!

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
There is some immense talent on this bill, and it looks like I am getting into The Ocean just in time to see them with a host of other great bands. There are at least 4 bands already announced that I would pay $25+ to see :hbang:

(I swear, every single thread turns into a djent debate...)

berzerkergang

Banned
Reaction score
There sure is a lot of stink being made about this year's line up. I will be honest, I haven't heard much of Periphery or Animals as Leaders though it seems this forum will make me familiar in a short time but the death metal folks just have to understand that these tours are about bringing out bodies and these bands bring out bodies. Nuff said. Death metal has lasted through many many trends and it will out last this one as well. If anything, for the first time ever, a trend is actually making death metal better. Instead of nu-metal guys, we have a lot of guys wanting to be prog players playing more brutal music. Bottom line is, relax, it's not a big deal.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
There sure is a lot of stink being made about this year's line up. I will be honest, I haven't heard much of Periphery or Animals as Leaders though it seems this forum will make me familiar in a short time but the death metal folks just have to understand that these tours are about bringing out bodies and these bands bring out bodies. Nuff said. Death metal has lasted through many many trends and it will out last this one as well. If anything, for the first time ever, a trend is actually making death metal better. Instead of nu-metal guys, we have a lot of guys wanting to be prog players playing more brutal music. Bottom line is, relax, it's not a big deal.

Uh, djent isn't a trend of death metal. Hell, it isn't even related to death metal, in any way, so there is no way it's making death metal better. That's like saying that the new Devin Townsend album is making black metal more satanic. Djent =/= Death Metal

berzerkergang

Banned
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say with my post. What I meant was that death metal has out lasted a lot of trends, it has been a constantly strong genre. But what I meant about djent adding to death metal was in the sense that the technical death metal seems to be enthusing a lot of the djent listeners, there's a lot of younger people getting into death metal and with the training that a lot of these young players are getting, if they start playing in death metal bands it's going to make the genre even stronger in the coming years. I wasn't really directly relating the genres though I see how that could have come across that way. When nu-metal was popular, those kids wanted absolutely nothing to do with death metal, when my band would play shows with numetal bands the crowd would look at us like "what the hell is going on". Whereas now, the kids listening to the technical djent stuff seem a lot more open to the technical death metal.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Travis seems like a genuinely nice dude. I don't think it will be an issue. I dislike certain bands in the area, but I always tell them great set and chat with the dudes whenever we get to play together.

You really don't know him at all then. That song is only the tip of the iceberg.

mithologian

Reaction score
At this point they would be better off making The Sumerianos tour a big summer tour and not invading summer slaughter with Sumerian bands. I know Ash is one of the booking agents who takes care of the tour and runs the page, and as exited as I am for the lineup, I do wish to attend a summer slaughter with a type of line up like the one in 2010 and previous years.

:2c:

breadtruck

Reaction score
Well I mean Sumerian are one of the sponsors so of course there's going to be a handful of those bands on the bill. As others have said, I would have expected to see more death metal bands on this bill with a tour called SUMMER SLAUGHTER:hbang::hbang::hbang: , but they have to go with what will sell tickets and what the majority want to see. I personally am a big fan of AAL and Periph so would probably try and go if I lived on the same continent.

bulb

Reaction score
At this point they would be better off making The Sumerianos tour a big summer tour and not invading summer slaughter with Sumerian bands. I know Ash is one of the booking agents who takes care of the tour and runs the page, and as exited as I am for the lineup, I do wish to attend a summer slaughter with a type of line up like the one in 2010 and previous years.

:2c:

This is Ash's tour. He started and owns the Summer Slaughter Franchise.

bulb

Reaction score
You really don't know him at all then. That song is only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm sure everything will be just fine, and everyone will hang out and have a great time just like on every tour. At the end of the day, even if he hates our music it doesn't mean he can't like us as people amirite?