Sun Valley PT

• Thread starter Roadsterjosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Roadsterjosh

Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a used Schecter SVSS PT, I had been wanting a modern Tele with some of the strat comfort cuts and this one was at my local Music Go Round for what thought was a steal. I took some trades in and walked out with this and the store owing me some money still. Win!

I get the guitar home and set it up for C standard, played it a ton and found that while I've never loved any Schecter I've ever played this one was really really close. The fret work was really good, the neck wasn't the most stable I've ever owned, but after some acclimating it has gotten much better. The neck profile is pretty nice, thin and fast but with a little more rounded profile than say a wizard. I found the EMGs in it to be pretty great, they do the active sound but with some classic passive character. The FR special had been upgraded with a big brass block already, and was set to divebomb only which is perfect for me.

I didn't love the pearl pickgaurd, it looked great but I wanted to find a black one to make it fit my personal taste and fit with my other main 6 as a polar opposite black/white dynamic. Stupid, but the heart wants what it wants. @High Plains Drifter had posted his seafoam PT thread and we worked out a trade for the pickgaurds while he is upgrading his guitar. I think the black works really well on the white guitar, and I am looking forward to seeing how his Seafoam PT turns out with the pearl guard!!

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_133504586~2.jpg
    IMG_20231112_133504586~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240211_114846600_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240211_114846600_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Dude, that looks perfect imo. There was nothing wrong with the pearl guard but it just blended in with the body too much. The black guard accentuates the body shape and adds that extra bit of "pop". Looks killer and thanks for offering to do the swap. Glad that it arrived w/o any damage... although I didn't have too much concern lol.

Roadsterjosh

Reaction score
Dude, that looks perfect imo. There was nothing wrong with the pearl guard but it just blended in with the body too much. The black guard accentuates the body shape and adds that extra bit of "pop". Looks killer and thanks for offering to do the swap. Glad that it arrived w/o any damage... although I didn't have too much concern lol.
There was no way it would have with how much care went into packing.
I did have to reshape the neck pocket on the bass side a little to get all of the mounting holes to line up, nothing a little filing couldn't take care of.
As simple of a change as it is I absolutely love it. It looks perfect now. Thank you so much again!!!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Love the contrast of the black-on-white and between the two guitars. I dig a lot of Schecter's tele designs, I've spent some time eyeballing the HH 4-control ones. HNGD!

Roadsterjosh

Reaction score
Love the contrast of the black-on-white and between the two guitars. I dig a lot of Schecter's tele designs, I've spent some time eyeballing the HH 4-control ones. HNGD!
I had a nasty hatred for everything Schecter for a long time after how badly I thought they were in the early 00's. I got a J5 bass that was very good and I played a couple of the Merrow and Apocalypse 7 string models and really liked them, so I thought I'd try this one when I saw I could get everything I was looking for minus the reverse headstock as I am super partial to that. But they've gotten really good over the years.

Last edited: