Super Smash Brothers 4 coming this summer (3DS) and winter (WiiU)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I know, and that's also kind of scary. However, the hitbox on the bowling ball is not nearly as ridiculous as Oil Panic's.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Decided to pick it up on my way back from the dentist, but ............ my 3DS isn't charged up enough to download the update. :lol:

EDIT: Playing it now. Oh my lord, thank god Link doesn't suck as much as he used to.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this game. I didn't think it'd work well for 3ds but its actually awesome. I can't wait for the Wii U version! Unfortunately I'll be on a course away from home so I cant get it until XMas.

I think this may actually get me out of my dota habbit, and try competing at smash tournaments.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The big rumour is that there will be 8-player on the Wii U, based on some hidden sound file in the 3DS version.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Finally tried Smash Run.
Good god almighty, I was not prepared for how hard that could be. :lol:

Not fighting things is actually a really strong strategy there. I just load up on speed equipment and run around looking for chests/doors/relatively easy monsters with decent boosts/drops. Still end up with pretty good stats and have relatively low risk of death.

So this is a thing:

Guess I'm never going Sheik against a Rosaluma player :ugh: Also works on Captain Falcon.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Not fighting things is actually a really strong strategy there. I just load up on speed equipment and run around looking for chests/doors/relatively easy monsters with decent boosts/drops. Still end up with pretty good stats and have relatively low risk of death.

So this is a thing:

Guess I'm never going Sheik against a Rosaluma player :ugh: Also works on Captain Falcon.

I didn't play Brawl, but playing 3DS, I noticed they major nerfed Sheik. The chain was amazing, I miss it :( Plus they got rid of the superfast punches.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Sheik was buffed from Brawl and is actually pretty good (she was already decent there).

Unfortunately, it looks like she's going to have at least one unwinnable MU (like in Brawl...) :ugh:

Mr Violence

Reaction score
0920 2166 0906

Let's do it. I'm loving Little Mac's ground game. Recovery is shite, but otherwise, he's a monster.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if they're gonna patch stupid exploits like that ever? I can only hope. I really didn't like playing against Rosaluma, though, damn that little starry bastard. I find Sheik to still be a beast even without the whip, the grenade is still a pretty good wildcard to throw out.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I dunno if something like that would be patched. Now the ZSS infinite on Robin, I could see that getting patched if they ever felt inclined to patch gameplay. That's clearly a case of something not working as intended since her footstool doesn't work properly on him (leading to the infinite).

Also Sheik is really good, potentially top 5 even with this against her. Lots of solid tools, one of the better offstage games, some actual combos, a chaingrab of sorts, etc. This potentially makes the Rosaluma matchup a hard counter against her though. The only saving grace is that it's semi-easy for Sheik to shut down Luma, and even then it's going to be an uphill battle.

Took some time to adjust but I'm starting to get the hang of Marth in SSB4. Custom specials make him a beast.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I guess that's just incentive for Sheik players to pick up an alt in case they are ever counter-picked. With any kind of matchup coverage Sheik players would be hella scary.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
How has this not been updated the second the Nintendo Direct finished?!

I didn't know this game could be any more hyped! :eek:

Amongst the highlights, Mewtwo confirmed for this Spring (2015) as a free DLC for people who have bought both versions of the game (let's hope they let us buy it anyway without having to buy both games), and Bowser Jr. along with all the Koopa Kids confirmed (again) via a character-introduction trailer (the latter I believe are just costumes of Bowser Jr.?).

This game is reason enough to buy a Wii U.