Tag Someone In a Post

• Thread starter GATA4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
Since we've adopted the "like" idea, I was thinking it would be kinda cool if we could tag someone in a post to where they would be notified they have been tagged (yeah, like Facebook). I know we already have thread tags, but those are indirect and you have to search for them. What do you think? I like the idea that Facebook users can tag each other in wall posts and stuff, so maybe we could incorporate that into our forum. For instance, if I have a post/find a post that I just don't want certain forum members to miss, I could tag them. Discuss.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Honestly, the less SSO is like Facebook the better. I'm not one of those poeple that fear's change around here, but we already have "likes" and sigs cluttering up posts, anything more would be too much, and would be distracting from the point of the post to begin with :2c:

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
gotta agree with espman, it just wouldn't add anything to the board.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Wow! What if I make a post which I absolutely don't want people to miss?!

That's life. If someone is interested in a thread, they'll likely find it. If I want to contact other members, I drop a PM. If they're not interested in a topic, no matter how vital I believe it is, they won't read it, and I'm okay with that.

All just my opinions, and it doesn't matter unless the owner cares about adding such a thing.

thedarkoceans

Banned
Reaction score
+1,Excellent idea.i hope the mods/admin see it,i would really like to have a tag system.a lot of times we dont see posts,if the forum had tags that wouldnt happen.

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
'Preciate the feedback peeps.

I honestly posted this on a whim...no real argument...just was curious to see what people think.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry man - not feeling it. Last thing we want is this place to become the facebook of forums.

thedarkoceans

Banned
Reaction score
in my opinion i wont become the "facebook of forums" y'know,something like that.example:

i post in a thread.

you reply me,but i'll never see it if i didnt remeber of that thread and open it.

WITH TAG (or how it should be:lol:)

i post in a thread.

you reply me w/ tag,i reply and maybe we both have useful infos.

:lol: pretty shitty examples.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
i post in a thread.

you reply me,but i'll never see it if i didnt remeber of that thread and open it.

Just as a comment... if the thread is important to me, I subscribe.

I also send PMs, and receive them from other members, regarding posts on the forum.

On a forum where people often don't do elementary searches, I can only imagine how hard it is for some to check back into a thread to read the follow-ups. However, if someone doesn't check back... how vital can the information actually be?

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Just as a comment... if the thread is important to me, I subscribe. ?
that, or I look under the posts I've made in the user CP.

And can you imagine 3 or 4 pages in how many times some people would have been tagged in a single thread?
:wallbash:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Similar to this, I'd just like it if you got a notification that you've been quoted. Sometimes when a thread progresses to quickly, you miss a post quoting yours, or when there aren't enough posts so that you just miss the thread.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
that, or I look under the posts I've made in the user CP.

Oh, I'd forgotten that I sometimes do that, in case I marked everything read before I'd actually gotten to read it.

I do get notifications when there are new posts to a thread to which I've subscribed. Er... I don't require knowing that my precious posts have been quoted, because someone might make a good point without having to rely on me. The membership here is pretty good about that. *laugh* Besides, isn't it worth going back even if it's not about you?

I do tend to look at threads where I've gotten "like" and pos/neg rep notifications. Those to me are a clearer indication of how one's ideas are received.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry man - not feeling it. Last thing we want is this place to become the facebook of forums.

:agreed:

who uses the tag in a wrong way gets 2 days of ban

I find it funny how you're suggesting we ban people considering you made an entire butt hurt FB group about bans.

Similar to this, I'd just like it if you got a notification that you've been quoted. Sometimes when a thread progresses to quickly, you miss a post quoting yours, or when there aren't enough posts so that you just miss the thread.

That's the beauty of subscribing to a thread. You get an e-mail notification with the reply quoted so you can see exactly what has been said.

thedarkoceans

Banned
Reaction score
I find it funny how you're suggesting we ban people considering you made an entire butt hurt FB group about bans.

haha man,is not a butthurt page AT ALL. :nono: is made for fun i wrote that if someone talks shit about the forum he'll be banned from the page..and please accept my friend request on facebook :3

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
haha man,is not a butthurt page AT ALL. :nono: is made for fun i wrote that if someone talks shit about the forum he'll be banned from the page..and please accept my friend request on facebook :3
If people talk shit about the forum they tent to get banned anyways, so no point in banning them from one thread, they'll just go and troll in another one.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
If people talk shit about the forum they tent to get banned anyways, so no point in banning them from one thread, they'll just go and troll in another one.
< points out Max was talking about a FB group