Tascam model 12/16/24: any users ?

• Thread starter Andromalia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
model16.jpg

I'm considering buying one of these for some old school workflow, are they any good ? I'm looking for good consumer grade performance, it's not going to be used in any kind of professional setting, it's just for my hobby.
The appeal of it is the computerless approach *but* it can still be used as a DAW controller if I want it someday. I've never had any Tascam stuff before (In those early days I used a Yamaha MT8X instead)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
i actually prefer recording on a sand alone unit. i was looking at one of these but am too heavily invested in mac based setup. I had a Boss BR8 and did an entire CD on and it came out pretty good. lots of bouncing though. Then a Boss BR1600 which i loved but eventually ran out of tracks and the hard drive filled up fast. Tascam converters weren't the best in the past and not sure if they have upped their game since. ( was told this by a sales engnieer no vendor name but its obvious) zoom has a few interesting option out there. remember the fostex x15? 4 tracks on cassette. still have a box of 4 track tapes somewhere but nothing to play them on.